Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm not a huge fan of Wellbeck. If we had that kind of money to sign him then I think we could do much better elsewhere.

But we don't have the money, he'll go to a better team than ours and it's all a load of crap really :P

He is a bit of a goofball. Does some stupid heskey shit every now and again but he's alright. 

• Like 1

Salah would be a great addition.

Heard something or just throwing his name in? I think he'd be great here but Chelsea are using him no? Rotation player. 

I was just going by what others were saying a page or so back.

Edited by adz.villa

Salah would be a great loan signing but my only concern would be would it limit Graelish playing time? 

Salah would be a great loan signing but my only concern would be would it limit Graelish playing time?

I don't get this kind of thinking. If Grealish is good enough he will play, end of.

Agreed. Our primary concern is the team as a whole. If Grealish is good enough for the first team then he'll play. Although it's always good to see home grown players climb the ladder. 

Salah might have to do military service in Egypt in the near future. Similar situation to the korean guy that played at arsenal

EDIT: my mistake; he dont. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mohamed-salah-will-not-have-to-serve-military-service-after-the-egyptian-prime-minister-steps-in-to-solve-chelsea-midfielders-travel-issue--reports-9618033.html

Edited by norwegianvillain

I don't get this kind of thinking. If Grealish is good enough he will play, end of.

The school of thought is that by limiting the opportunities that Grealish gets now will hinder his development at a crucial stage - playing someone who will go back to their parent club obviously only benefits us short term.

I'm not sure where I sit to be honest. I'm not adverse to the signing but if it meant one of the most promising talents we've seen for a while wasn't getting games because he's not quite as polished it would irk me a little.

Think we will sign an attacking minded player for MID before sept 1st. Anything more than that would be a bonus.

Maybe a attacking mid and a winger? We got no one on loan yet. Think that might change soon.

UTV

• Like 1

We need a quality consistent winger that impacts every game, not the likes of Gabby and Zog who will be terrible for weeks and then hit form and the revert back to being shit. Them 2 are good players but they aren't consistent enough. Salah would be a great signing, he has looked dangerous when I've watched him and hopefully he is good enough to perform consistently for us. Get him signed up Lambo.

• Like 2

If you haven't seen much of him why are you saying he's not that good? He's got more potential than anyone who's come through for a while, but until he plays more making a judgment either way is very silly imo

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

If we can bring in Salah on loan plus Blanco on a permanent that would be 2 attacking players that would really improve our options going forward. We have a much more solid defensive unit but I still worry about our ability to create and score goals.