Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

He's shit. And will be playing in the Championship within 5 years

Gabby Agbonlahor has never played in the Championship (for his parent club, I'm assuming he's been on loan).

Now think about what you've just said.

I'm not a huge fan of Wellbeck. If we had that kind of money to sign him then I think we could do much better elsewhere.

But we don't have the money, he'll go to a better team than ours and it's all a load of crap really :P

Apparently Phil Jones has also been told he can leave, although he is probably going to ask for silly wages, I think it would be a brilliant signing! Him and Okore would be a power(!)full partnership

Yesterday there were a lot of reports saying Jones had been offered a new contract.

Danny Wellbeck is not good enough for Man Utd, but is plenty good enough for us. As has been mentioned already, he has hardly played in his favoured position for Utd. He would be one of our best forwards if we signed him, probably just behind Benteke , but better than Kozak in terms of ability in my opinion. I would rather have wellbeck than Hernandez if it were a toss up between the two. I think Wellbeck would be a better fit in our team. However, I doubt either would be likely to join here at this moment in time. We just wouldn't be able to afford them.

Apparently Phil Jones has also been told he can leave, although he is probably going to ask for silly wages, I think it would be a brilliant signing! Him and Okore would be a power(!)full partnership

Where did you get this from, by the way? Searching for "Phil Jones" in Google News leads to a ton of articles from the last 24 hours about the advanced state of his new contract negotiations. £75,000 a week is the number being reported. 

EDIT: Sorry, just realised other people have made the same point. Ignore!

Edited by HanoiVillan

I always though Phil Jones looked best in midfield to tell the truth. I think he'd be another good defensive midfield/centre midfield option and can obviously fill in at centreback if need be,

He'll be off to a club that can pay higher wages than we can though. I'd take him at the Villa though, always thought he was a good player. Should have played RB for England in the World Cup instead of Glen 'how I ever became a footballer God only knows' Johnson.

Phil Jones has been atrocious for Man Utd

Anything in this Salah link popping up on Twitter? What a signing that would be

Why he went to Chelsea over Liverpool is utterly beyond me.

Money and London I would guess

As far as I can tell, it's originated from some sort of Spanish transfer account - @mercado_ingles. Probably BS but it has a lot of followers if that means anything.

Interestingly, I saw that Sunderland have been linked with Salah also. So it is conceivable he is gettable on loan I suppose if true.

As far as I can tell, it's originated from some sort of Spanish transfer account - @mercado_ingles. Probably BS but it has a lot of followers if that means anything.

Interestingly, I saw that Sunderland have been linked with Salah also. So it is conceivable he is gettable on loan I suppose if true.

At 8am yesterday they tweeted that Balotelli would be joining Liverpool for £16m, which was before Sky caught up with him in Italy after training. Interesting to say the least

Salah would be an incredible coup. In fairness to the guy he should be playing somewhere. There are plenty of huge teams across Europe that would surely be ahead of us in stature after him but if through convenience sake he wants to be in England and prove himself to Jose in the Premier League then why not do so with us. I think that would send my optimism through the roof :/

Salah would be an incredible coup. In fairness to the guy he should be playing somewhere. There are plenty of huge teams across Europe that would surely be ahead of us in stature after him but if through convenience sake he wants to be in England and prove himself to Jose in the Premier League then why not do so with us. I think that would send my optimism through the roof :/

• He'd gain vital Premier League experience
  • He wouldn't be strengthening a rival (either in England or in Europe)
  • I assume we have a good relationship with Chelsea due to past business

I can't see why it couldn't happen, I'm just waiting for Trent to come and crush our dreams.

Edited by samjp26