Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

An attacking midfielder that can play the wings and his name is Blanco... Get him signed up. Supposedly he wants out of the Ukraine due to the troubles that are ongoing. The article states he could be available for 3m.

For under 3m it would be a no brainer really...

Agree with Adz. £3m was significant enough anyway, let alone this summer with our reported £10m budget. Not worth the punt unless some significant scouting has gone into it.

Trent, any thoughts on latest TBAR rumour about a takeover? Real or just another publicity stunt?

"All Senior Staff at VP have been told" should tell you all you need to know about this rumour. As I have a said before the chance of a £200m takeover being concluded quietly are slim - Id file this latest rumour straight to the bin

I did point this out to them on Friday night and got banned. I haven't stop crying yet.....

Benteke

Kozak

Weiman

Get rid of bent & gabby for a wide player like Elia or affelay or depay

Depay is out of our price rang now after that world cup and has been highly regarded for a while now. Affelay has just gone to Olympiakos and not sure about Elia. I know you said 'like' those players but just saying'. I agree though that type of player is needed. 

• Like 1

An attacking midfielder that can play the wings and his name is Blanco... Get him signed up. Supposedly he wants out of the Ukraine due to the troubles that are ongoing. The article states he could be available for 3m.

I thought we'd had enough of cheap shit from lower leagues that Youtube videos make look good?

Trent, any thoughts on latest TBAR rumour about a takeover? Real or just another publicity stunt?

"All Senior Staff at VP have been told" should tell you all you need to know about this rumour. As I have a said before the chance of a £200m takeover being concluded quietly are slim - Id file this latest rumour straight to the bin

I did point this out to them on Friday night and got banned. I haven't stop crying yet.....

They seem to ban anyone who is sceptical and dares to say so. I mean why would we doubt a site that has told us the culb has been taken over 3 times this summer. Mind you, I'll help myself to a biscuit.......

Based on what?

Have you seen him play even1 minute of football in order to come to the conclusion that he could come here and do a job?

• Like 1

To play Devil's Advocate on Deeney, I don't think it matters that he's a nose. If we'd kept him while he was with us at youth level, and played for the first team, would we care? I know I wouldn't. If anything I would say it would make him more determined to do well, as he'd probably have a section of boo boys on his back, straight away. If Jamie Carragher can play for Liverpool, why can't Deeney play for Villa? At the end of the day, he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer.

Now back in the real world, there is absolutely no way in the world we'll spend anywhere near what it would const to bring him in, so you might as well forget about this one straight off.

He is, according to people who know him, as anti villa as "they" get. He'd lose the respect of all of his friends and with Troy Deeney that is more important than his career. Not every footballer is as professional as you'd like to think.

If we were his only option or we were offering him champions league football then maybe. But we're not and we can't. Either way, he's too expensive and not good enough. And he hates the club, which is never a good start!

Again playing Devil's Advocate, could that also be to do with the fact we release him as a kid? I've heard stories the Joleon Lescott lost his love for Villa, because of the way his brother was treated, while with the club. Don't know how true that is, but I can imagine it might have an impact.