Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

We don't really need "more" but we do need "better"

So true. In our current form, though, I would suggest Cissokho and Sanchez are probably the 'better' we're going to attract. A .good season, on the other hand, could make a world of difference to the calibre of players we can draw.

Lambert suddenly seems to be ticking all the boxes. Bringing back the bomb squad, bringing in players for the positions we need them, moving on his young and hungry failures, bringing in experience. Is this all down to him or is someone else pulling the strings?

It just seems that everything is happening at once. Anyone else having these thoughts, or is it just me?

It's almost as if he reads the Paul Lambert thread on VT

"If we can bring one or two more in we will have a really strong squad"

Lambert on WM

Maybe there are two more in the pipeline then i thought it would just be the one

He said that just now? Interesting. I wonder who he has in mind.

2 proper money signings, lambert talking about a couple more.  Takeover rumours true?

I guess we have only spent pennies compared to most other teams though, so Lerner should be releasing more funds.

If we can add two new players we will look pretty strong.  

• Like 1

The guy on TBAR who started the new takeover rumour, predicted the correct starting eleven yesterday says that it's from the same source. Could have been a good guess though.

Edited by useless

The guy on TBAR who started the new takeover rumour, predicted the correct starting eleven yesterday says that it's from the same source. Could have been a good guess though.

was just coming to post this.

looks promising.

• Like 1

I presume the Midfielder will an alternative to Ki and the striker another Holt type signing, something to just tie us over until Benteke and Kozák return.

Edit: If Kenwyne Jones hasn't moved anywhere I wouldn't be surprised if we moved for him.

Edited by useless

Kenwyne Jones joined Cardiff in January this year, he's not going anywhere and thank Christ for that. I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be overly keen myself but I don't think that it matters that he joined Cardiff this year. They were in the Premiership then. But if we are after another striker who's only wanted on loan then I reckon it'll be a big target man.

To be fair most could've guessed the team.

I haven't seen the post, its a screenshot of it. He could've posted a hundred variations and they picked the one that turned out to be correct after the fact. They're desperate to cling to any kind of credibility they have.

To be fair most could've guessed the team.

I haven't seen the post, its a screenshot of it. He could've posted a hundred variations and they picked the one that turned out to be correct after the fact. They're desperate to cling to any kind of credibility they have.

TBAR are the football forum equivalent of that classless mob down the road.