Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I thought we did need another striker until Lambert said that Kozak and Benteke should be back in a few weeks. If we sell/loan out Bent I would say we should be looking at bringing someone in but not if our injury concerns aren't that bad.

We need someone to fill Cole's position when he gets injured for 10 games.

I'd like to see us get another attacking midfielder/winger. 

If we could sign a £5m rated attacking midfielder I will be very pleased with this window, for the first time in a long time.

I'm not sure there would be enough left in the budget for a player that expensive. If we have a budget of £20m for transfer fees plus wages we can't be that far off now. I suspect we will be in for one loan signing, probably a wide forward. I think we've done quite well this summer.

Ideally and I do say ideally, I believe he would like to get one more in and perhaps one more on loan before the deadline.

A midfielder and a striker would be my guesses due to the absence of Benteke and Kozak at the start of the season.

We shall have to wait and see what happens and if he is backed to get any more, wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything happen now until quite close to the deadline.

A striker on loan would make sense as I worry about rushing Tekkers and Kosak back too soon. It would be nice to be able to let them come off the bench rather than needing them to hit the ground running day 1, I would look at someone like Hernandez but not Grant Holt please!

In midfield I know Sinclair and Moses have been mentioned but  don't think either have the right attitude and would rather see Townsend or Lennon. All these rely on wages and fees being available obviously.

Why would we need another winger we've already got Grealish, N'zogbia and Richardson plus a few others who can play there. I think our next target should be another midfielder an alternative to Ki since I don't think Sanchez was bought instead of him seeing as though they're totally different players .

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of loan deals go through at the last minute.  Clubs like Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc have clearly decided who is surplus to this season's requirements and will probably spend the next few weeks compiling offers from various clubs.

Henandez and Gnabry would be ideal, but there'll be a of teams sniffing and putting in silly bids towards the end as they get desperate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of loan deals go through at the last minute.  Clubs like Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc have clearly decided who is surplus to this season's requirements and will probably spend the next few weeks compiling offers from various clubs.

Henandez and Gnabry would be ideal, but there'll be a of teams sniffing and putting in silly bids towards the end as they get desperate.

I would jizz my pants if we signed Hernandez and Gnabry, still think we need a better AM, one that will chip in with goals, unless we prepare to give Gardner a go

Just imagine

---------------Guzan

Hutton - Vlaar - Okore - Cissokho

--------Sanchez - Delph

Gnabry------J Cole --------N' Zogbia

---------------Hernandez

Switch to 3-5-2, with Hernandez and Tekkers, awesome partnership.....aaaand then I woke up

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

Jonathan Johnson (who is french football journo for ESPN) linking us with Maxime Lestienne on Twitter

Probably BS, but would be a quality signing

Said it ages ago that we should sign him, would be fantastic cutting in from wide being as we like to play 3 up top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhv1WDGGka8

Why would we need another winger we've already got Grealish, N'zogbia and Richardson plus a few others who can play there. I think our next target should be another midfielder an alternative to Ki since I don't think Sanchez was bought instead of him seeing as though they're totally different players .

Though I'd like another attacking midfielder option, I think winger/ wide forward is the area we need to strengthen more.

As Tonev has been sent to Scotland and Grealish shouldn't be relied on week in, week out, we only really have N'Zogbia as a proper wing option. Of course we have Gabby & Weimann who can do the wide-forward role, but I'd rather see someone with a bit of trickery, who has played as a winger for their whole career.

From watching the pre-season games, it seems that Richardson, N'Zogbia, Weimann & Cole could feature in the number 10 or 'off the striker' role, though the quality isn't great, the depth is there.

Jonathan Johnson (who is french football journo for ESPN) linking us with Maxime Lestienne on Twitter

Said it ages ago that we should sign him, would be fantastic cutting in from wide being as we like to play 3 up top.

I remember that post, he's a talent for sure.

It's a shame we're not in a better position where we can sign him as a gamble, it's always a lot to ask a young foreign player in settle and perform straight away, he might be expensive too as he's had a couple of good seasons.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Wenger also admitted he is not sure whether Serge Gnabry will go out on loan despite strong interest from Aston Villa, Southampton, Newcastle and Sunderland.

Wenger added: "He's still injured at the moment and we have to follow his progress. He needs competition and if nobody goes in the current squad it could happen.

"At the moment he's not fit and recovering from a long-term knee inflammation. Even if he was fit, he would play for us."

Looks almost as good as Tonev!

;)

I would jizz my pants if we signed Hernandez and Gnabry, still think we need a better AM, one that will chip in with goals, unless we prepare to give Gardner a go

Just imagine

---------------Guzan

Hutton - Vlaar - Okore - Cissokho

--------Sanchez - Delph

Gnabry------J Cole --------N' Zogbia

---------------Hernandez

Switch to 3-5-2, with Hernandez and Tekkers, awesome partnership.....aaaand then I woke up

Cole wont be a starter surely, his legs aren't up to it. In fact i'd be amazed if he's still here come the end of January window full stop