Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'd love kyle naughton, I think he's an excellent right back

Did well for Lambert previously when he was on loan at Norwich too, so if Tottenham were willing to sell him it wouldn't surprise me if we did go in for him.

Agreed

I think Naughton was quoted as saying he wanted to move because he doesn't want to just be a fill in left back at Spurs. Probably at the same stage of his career as Bertrand is and would welcome a move to a Prem team where he'd be first choice right back. His history with Lambert might put us in a good position to sign him.

Tin hat ready (and just a suggestion!)  - what about a return for Ridgewell (once he's completed his mission of sending West Brom down!) To be fair, he's more solid/reliable than either of our two permanent leftbacks!

A left back, a right back and two midfielders - one defensive and one to play further up the field. My only worry would be if we did get Bertrand and say Richards or even Naughton, it wouldn't leave us much money for some real quality in the midfield department.

Edited by samjp26

Watching Levante vs Real Madrid right now, honestly think we missed out on a bargain with Sissoko. If Levante can pay his wages them I'm pretty sure we could, Spanish wages are very low compared to the Prem.

Edit:

Just read that it is only a 6 month deal for him there. Maybe we could still pinch him.

Edited by samjp26

Let's just imagine Bertrand £6 million, Richards about the same? If he follows up on kiyotake £8 million, there's £20 million gone and IMO I think we might have a bit more money on top of the usual £20ish million so we could strengthen the midfield a little more (wish "Schneiderlin"), wishful thinking I know but doable

Midfield has needed strengthening for the last two yrs. It is an absolute must this summer. Two GOOD acquisitions in tht department are the absolute minimum. Then unfortunately it looks like we will again strengthen the full back positions. After that I can't imagine we will be able to add any more first teamers and it will be more than likely more squad fillers

Midfield has needed strengthening for the last two yrs. It is an absolute must this summer. Two GOOD acquisitions in tht department are the absolute minimum. Then unfortunately it looks like we will again strengthen the full back positions. After that I can't imagine we will be able to add any more first teamers and it will be more than likely more squad fillers

I think it depends a lot on Benteke and if he departs or not. We'll obviously need to bring in a striker if he does leave and I doubt we'll get somebody as good, we now have a £25m+ striker on our hands and we won't be buying one of those.