Luis Figo twitter poster (kind of a quiz)

The_Rev

Ruud Gullit, Youri Djorkaeff, Zinedine Zidane, Jamie Carragher, Gianluca Zambrotta, Gaizka Mendieta, Paulo Ferreira, Luis Figo, Frank de Boer, Steve McManaman, Hidetoshi Nakata, Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro, ..., Fernando Hierro, Paolo Maldini, Claude Makelele, Michel Salgado, Freddie Ljungburg (Looks more like Jamie O'Hara...), Bobo Vieri.

I know the other two guys, The one in the blue jumper and the one next to Cannavaro in the white tee shirt (Something's telling me he played for Inter). It's driving me insane that I can't think of their names.

edit: That's Pires, not Nesta. lol.

Edited by adz.villa

Exactly what i was thinking, legends everywhere and then Ferreira randomly plonked in the middle.

And who called Carragher and McManaman?

Yes but them two being there is far less ridiculous.

kyoyvx7.jpg

McManaman is a legend in Madrid.  He won the Champions League twice (2000 & 2002), he scored a screamer and was man of the match in the 2000 final. 

• Like 2

Blond hair, blue jumper in the middle is Massimo Ambrosini (I think!) AC Milan stalwart

Edit - it could be MIchel Salgado too

Now thinking it's Salgado not Ambrosini!

Edited by theboyangel

Wikipedia has his entire career statistics (as it does for pretty much any player who has played professionally since the turn of the century) so you can check them out yourself.  The one thing it doesn't specify is how many minutes he played, just the number of appearances he made. A lot of them could have been coming on in the 79th minute or something. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Ferreira#Club_appearances

Edited by The_Rev

Ferreira is so out of place being in that company. May as well of had me there.

I saw a stat on Sky Sports recently, of players with 100 Premier League appearances or more, he has the highest win % of any player!

As for his appearance stats and minutes, etc. this site is very good for that.

Edited by kurtsimonw

It says on his wiki entry he went from May 2011 to December 2011 without starting a game (ironically that was the game we won 3-1 against them) and yeah in his latter years there it was just FA cup and league cup games he played.

Nice work you can get it, a 5 year deal off Chelsea in FEB 2008 when he wasn't even a regular at that period.

It says on his wiki entry he went from May 2011 to December 2011 without starting a game (ironically that was the game we won 3-1 against them) and yeah in his latter years there it was just FA cup and league cup games he played.

Nice work you can get it, a 5 year deal off Chelsea in FEB 2008 when he wasn't even a regular at that period.

Worked for Winston Bogarde.

• Like 1

Ferreira is so out of place being in that company. May as well of had me there.

I saw a stat on Sky Sports recently, of players with 100 Premier League appearances or more, he has the highest win % of any player!

As for his appearance stats and minutes, etc. this site is very good for that.

Ferreira happened to be at Chelsea during a very successful era for the club under a top manager. They won shit despite the fact that he was there, not because.

Worked for Winston Bogarde.

and pegguy arpexhad, who in a career spanning 15 years, made a grand total of 39 appearances, with 21 being for leicester and has got

x 3 league cup medals

x 1 uefa cup

x 1 fa cup

x 1 uefa supercup

x 1 charity shield

Â