Science Thread

Nigel

On 10/04/2019 at 14:42, sne said:

Scientists have obtained the first image of a black hole, using Event Horizon Telescope observations of the center of the galaxy M87. The image shows a bright ring formed as light bends in the intense gravity around a black hole that is 6.5 billion times more massive than the Sun.

Första bilden på ett svart hål.

No biggy but i think ive just figured out the universe...

Image result for goldfish eye in the dark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, peterms said:

IMG_20190720_215138.jpg

The change from archaic Latin to Roman Latin is interesting - I wonder why the letters flipped over into their mirror images? 

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

And why has Matt Baker never covered it on The One Show?

I think it was mentioned once in a segue between funny baby animals and teenage suicide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The change from archaic Latin to Roman Latin is interesting - I wonder why the letters flipped over into their mirror images? 

Ancient hipster's had their favorite fonts too.

On 19/07/2019 at 22:02, HanoiVillan said:

If you ever wondered about pissing, shitting, burping, farting or getting a hard-on in space, this lady has you covered in this thread:

Literally the most interesting thing I've read in ages.

detail.d3d97bfd.jpg.964d5def1731d24b67449a8e4ac2dca3.jpg

Japan Approves Groundbreaking Experiment Bringing Human-Animal Hybrids to Term

Stem cell biologist Hiromitsu Nakauchi has been waiting for this moment for more than a decade.

After years of planning, the persistent researcher has at last received approval from a government willing to pursue one of the most controversial scientific studies there is: human-animal embryo experiments.

While many countries around the world have restricted, defunded or outright banned these ethically-fraught practices, Japan has now officially lifted the lid on this proverbial Pandora's box. Earlier this year, the country made it legal to not only transplant hybrid embryos into surrogate animals, but also to bring them to term.

Science Alert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2019 at 20:12, Brumerican said:

As above , so below.

And yet you asked me if I was a mason, this has got to be one of those gestures I hear that Mason's have to identify membership and even rank.

I'm on to you pal!

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

And yet you asked me if I was a mason, this has got to be one of those gestures I hear that Mason's have to identify membership and even rank.

I'm on to you pal!

Retired Catholic actually. 

Just read and watched a lot of stuff on Masonry .

Mah Ha Bone😉

Edited by Brumerican

27 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Retired Catholic actually. 

Just read and watched a lot of stuff on Masonry .

Mah Ha Bone😉

A Catholic Mason?

Mah Ha Bone?

Is this voodoo like business you are sending my way?

Come one ol' Brummy, ol' pal, we're both Bulls fans here, I swears I'll be good from now on and I won'ts tells no ones.

Â