Fav Chocolate Bar then

LancsVillan

What's the Favourite Villa Choccie Bar?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Favourite Villa Choccie Bar?

• Mars
    • Twix
    • Bounty
    • Flake :-)
    • Galaxy
    • KitKat
    • Caramel
    • Dairy Milk
    • Lion Bar

space dust - great shout and yes Cabana were that bar, used to get one on my paper round (Allbutt's in Headless Cross, Redditch) which might explain my liking for choccie these days

Space Dust - we used to buy a couple of packets and stuff the whole lot in in one go. You felt as if your head was going to explode.

Also - remember kayleigh (kalie, k,lye or something). Basically sugar, colouring and flavouring - you'd buy a bag, lick your finger, stick your finger in and suck the sugar back off (is it me, or does that sound highly suspect?). We'd either buy it from Coombes in Sutton (great shop) or make our own - I have a sneaky feeling Blue Peter taught us how to make it!

Space Dust - we used to buy a couple of packets and stuff the whole lot in in one go. You felt as if your head was going to explode.

Also - remember kayleigh (kalie, k,lye or something). Basically sugar, colouring and flavouring - you'd buy a bag, lick your finger, stick your finger in and suck the sugar back off (is it me, or does that sound highly suspect?). We'd either buy it from Coombes in Sutton (great shop) or make our own - I have a sneaky feeling Blue Peter taught us how to make it!

Hmmmmmm Kay-Li (or however you spell it). This is straying a bit from Chocolate but Jublee's? Basically a brick of flavoured ice in the shape of a pyramid? (No one seems to remember these)

Guest RantinRob
backtracking a little Mint Cracknell where they the ones that exploded in your mouth and were re-launched a bit back as Wonka's summat or other?

Not seen a Bournville bar for years, ever since getting me mum one for mother's day in fact with my pocket money

Mint cracknell was two square pieces of chocolate filled with a brittle green mint stuff that snapped when you bit into it

I heard on the radio the other day that they stopped making 'em because kids used to cut their tongues on 'em

There's a link here to an on-line shop that sells some of the old stuff, and explains why a few were discontinued

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

Dammit Drat, didn't I just say I bought a Yorkie when in London!

Cadbury's for kids...

Texan, why would there be an English chocolate bar named after an American state full of morons?

And remember...we do have Godiva stores. :wink:

(that there is my second emoticon....getting pretty good me thinks)

Guest RantinRob

Texan, why would there be an English chocolate bar named after an American state full of morons?

BWA HA HA HA HA! :lol:

Texan used to have an amusing animated ad too, a long tall Texan in a hat & poncho, being tied to a stake for firing squad execution

A little Mexican (I assume) asks him " A last re quest, Grinnnnnngo?"

Of course he asks for a bite of his Texan bar, and it takes so long to chew all the firing squad fall asleep and he gets away :lol:

i think I've remembered that right, feel free to correct........ :wink:

• 5 months later...
Â