Jackson Martinez - Porto

MR_Black_AVFC

Excellent striker, big beyond our price range I fear.

However this is the sort of profile I want from the striker we sign to replace Benteke. What are people expecting us to come up with when we have to replace him. For me another cheap foreign signing or league one bloke ain't going to cut it for me as we're losing a 20 goal a season striker.

Domestically someone like Loic Remy would be a good option or even Demba Ba but god knows what they're on at their respective clubs

Excellent striker, big beyond our price range I fear.

However this is the sort of profile I want from the striker we sign to replace Benteke. What are people expecting us to come up with when we have to replace him. For me another cheap foreign signing or league one bloke ain't going to cut it for me as we're losing a 20 goal a season striker.

Domestically someone like Loic Remy would be a good option or even Demba Ba but god knows what they're on at their respective clubs

This.

The whole point of finding and selling a superstar like benteke is to use that money to bring in top quality and improve.

Don't think we're going to sign anyone from the PL. No resale value there. Maybe and up and comer from a foreign league that's more well known but I'd be surprised if we signed a known name from the PL if Benteke leaves.