• Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Great win.

Not too worried about the 2nd half - the onus was on Norwich to do something and they just couldn't get going. Delph, Westwood and El Ahmadi absolutely stifled them and they just couldn't get anything working.

It was a very poor first goal to concede but I reckon we more than made up for it!

Benteke MOM for providing the spark, but KEA was fantastic and Westwood after a dire first 20 minutes was not far behind.

I enjoyed the second half shutout. We usually concede and start getting nervous. We need to kill games when ahead and I welcome boring our way to three points.

• Like 4

15 minutes of fun.

A moment of brilliance from Benteke turned it around.

Defence played okay. Bacuna looked good today.

El Ahmadi everywhere blocking, stifling, tackling and not getting booked! He even managed a couple of passes!

Nice save from Brad near the end.

So a few pieces of wallpaper over the cracks, because basically we are still shite and Lambert has not got a clue.

• Like 1

Big big win but still not the most impressive of performances. Had Norwich been more clinical we could have easily lost today, but great play for Benteke to get us ahead, and then the opposition chasing the game is always going to play into our hands.

Couple more wins will see us safe, but there's still a lot of work to do in the summer I think, especially if we lose Benteke. Kozak and Okore to return is a big positive but that team will not be comfortable next session.

That second half was the best and most enjoyable half I've had for a long long time. I've been waiting for a stress free end to a game for so long, pure bliss

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 4

Just back from a rain sodden villa park. I am both relieved and delighted . Bentekes first goal is just a wow moment . I'm voting Baker as my MOTM, he's been exceptional these last 3 games and he's coming along really well. Also honorable mention to KEA who never stopped running and harassing . We started slowly but once we got going were bang at it.

• Like 1

Was Carew at the game ? The Holte were singing John Carew Carew He's bigger than me and you, at one point

No. He's in Spain playing golf.

But he was on the BBC yesterday (Football Focus I think) and seems to be getting some exposure over here at the moment so I'm guessing it was just a result of that

Was Carew at the game ? The Holte were singing John Carew Carew He's bigger than me and you, at one point

But he was on the BBC yesterday (Football Focus I think) and seems to be getting some exposure over here at the moment so I'm guessing it was just a result of that

Ok cheers , how do you know he's in Spain playing golf and any idea where ?

It has to be said, some of our fans are absolute rocket polishers of the highest order. We're 4-1 up and what do some of our fans want to do? Abuse our OWN player Grant Holt by singing a variety of disgraceful and embarrassing songs alluding to the theory that he is fat. I hope to god he didn't hear any of these chants.

Let's get one thing straight:

GRANT HOLT IS NOT EVEN FAT!!!

1490410309.jpg

If Grant Holt is fat then 90% of the UK must be obese.

Thick morons. You're better off down the Blues if you have that mentality...

It's **** cringe-worthy.

• Like 1

It has to be said, some of our fans are absolute rocket polishers of the highest order. We're 4-1 up and what do some of our fans want to do? Abuse our OWN player Grant Holt by singing a variety of disgraceful and embarrassing songs alluding to the theory that he is fat. I hope to god he didn't hear any of these chants.

Let's get one thing straight:

GRANT HOLT IS NOT EVEN FAT!!!

1490410309.jpg

If Grant Holt is fat then 90% of the UK must be obese.

Thick morons. You're better off down the Blues if you have that mentality...

It's **** cringe-worthy.

Yes but when was that picture taken?

Â