Sol Campbell

Avfc96

I saw an interview with him earlier talking about Chris Powell. How they shouldnt have sacked him as he is a promising black manager. Positive discrimination at its best, just because he is black doesnt mean he should be given more time if he is doing a shit job. Book promotion or not Campbell is coming across like a right bellend.

• Like 2

I would live to know how Campbell explains the FA's punishment of Terry despite the judgement of a court given that they are in his view institutionally racist themselves.

The man has absolutely no credibility and has made a complete arse of himself.

Just perhaps Sol the lack of intelligence and utter arrogance you are currently demonstrating is one of the reasons several England managers didn't fancy you as skipper beyond the odd game.

Given that Campbell had a breakdown and ran off to Belgium, then without wishing to make light of mental illness, and I get fairly hefty bouts of depression myself, that doesn't indicate the mindset for an England Captain.

And as our estimed railwayman earlier said, 10 years ago, Bosmans, and the idea of players refusing new contracts but refusing to be sold on, to ensure a big signing on fee and rob the club of a transfer fee, was a big no no. To go to your rivals is worse. Just think, if Barry had literally walked for nothing, to the noses,  after refusing big contracts for 18 months, think how much he'd still be reviled today. And with respect, the noses are never going to be as big an issue to AVFC as Spurzzz are to Arsenal.  And this was 5+ years on, when we'd had more time to get used to a Bosman.

To be honest, a great player, but a total hairy, crusty ballbag of a professional, from a fans point of view. It may not matter when your negotiating for yourself, but when your "England Captain" thats not baggage you can afford to have. As well as being a bit mental.

I read somewhere that there is pressure on Cameron to have an enquiry into Campbells comments !

Guy makes up bollocks to sell book, public spends millions on enquiry. Says it all about our crazy society.

----

Man reads throw away comment on government wasting money on internet.

Takes it as gospel and vents his anger on a forum in the depths of no where. Says it all about our crazy society.

---

And rinse and repeat

I was watching the 'this week' programme last night and sol was a guest, unfortunately (maybe fortunately) I fell asleep before the prat came on.

Did anyone watch it?

• 4 months later...

Nice to see  he's at it again about Roy Keane this time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sol-campbell-says-fa-turned-3923293

"Roy Keane is a fantastic, inspirational player. He has been controversial, yes. But he gets a job. And that’s fine because because he did superbly to get Sunderland into the Premier League. He was a fantastic player.

“But if he was black and he was like that, I’m telling you now I don’t think he would have got a job.”

Edited by Bradd92

How has he got the job? What has he done other than have a fantastic career. What has he done coaching wise? He was given that job without experience

campbell is right, gary neville got the job because not only has he shown on tv how insightful and respected he is but most importantly he is already qualified, hes got his UEFA coaching badges he's white

the mans a clown, keep playing that broken record sol

Â