Hi VT

FcB_Guest

speaking with a mind toward the clubs loss this past year (see other threads) you'll likely be harassed horribly, unless you buy a villa shirt, hat, coat, tie, shoes, gloves, warm up, car air freshener, lion coin bank, pajamas, season tickets, match sponsorship, and tip well at the refreshment stands.  

Trust me, I'm american. 

• Like 3

speaking with a mind toward the clubs loss this past year (see other threads) you'll likely be harassed horribly, unless you buy a villa shirt, hat, coat, tie, shoes, gloves, warm up, car air freshener, lion coin bank, pajamas, season tickets, match sponsorship, and tip well at the refreshment stands.  

Trust me, I'm american. 

I like that Srsmithusa...

Just so American to be right on top of a good marketing opportunity! 

As for wearing the Bayern top i agree should be no issue at all... I actually think it may be a fascinating game for what it's worth, Mourinho will no doubt be well aware of our counter attacking abilities after the game at theirs when by rights we should have won, or at least drawn the game apart from the usual dodgy ref. So it will be interesting to see how he sets them up... does he risk attacking us and suffering the same fate as Man City (who we beat 3-2) or does he play it cautiously and risk not winning?

Pressure is really on Chelsea in this one as everyone expects us to lose ... Villa seem to enjoy this scenario.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Hello Yannik

I've been to see a game at the Allianz and it is a very impressive modern stadium. Villa Park has some quite interesting and traditional aspects that you will hopefully be impressed with such as the Holte End, William McGregor statue and the Holte Pub. You could even try a stadium tour perhaps?

I think on our day we are capable of giving Chelsea a very good game but it is relevant to how much money they have spent on a squad in comparison to ours...however if Benteke plays well I think we can win!

Up the Villa

Just show your match ticket at either club shop at the ground and it's £10 for the home top. As Stefan said the big shop is at the back of the North Stand and there's a smaller shop below The Holte pub.

But be warned, you're not likely to have much choice in terms of size.

They did the same thing for the Chelsea game last season. I went to the club shop in the city centre and the one at the ground and the sizes were available were essentially XXS or XXXL

They had loads of every size when I went (after Liverpool).  Incidentally I took two German friends with me who bought one each.  They got a separate ticket with their match ticket that acted as a voucher.

If you have a match ticket you will be eligible to buy the villa home top for £10 before the game

Failing that the Bayern top will be fine

Yes I noticed that when my Stoke ticket arrived. Yannik you will be fine, enjoy the day. Villa should be as friendly as possible to all neutral fans as you never know how many might come back!

"Fortunately that cup final was way before my time so that'll be fine" - You can no doubt pick up a DVD of the game at the club shop as well Yannick. :D 

But more seriously it might be a touch different if someone turned up to a game in a top from another English club (although I have seen it done). I am sure the addition of a bit of Villa claret & blue to your Bayern colours will lead to a very warm welcome at Villa Park this weekend. Enjoy the game      

You couldnt bring Gotze over with you could you?

If you leave him at lost property Ill make sure he gets a good home!

Seriously I think you would be fine if you just came as you would to a bayern game, you will be somewhat of a novelty!

Edited by Nigel

Well if the original poster didnt enjoy that experience then I'm the pope. Probably the best atmosphere at VP all season and one of the most memorable matches we've had for a while. Seeing Moaninho being sent off must have been the icing on the cake!

• Like 1

Â