Hi VT

FcB_Guest

Hi, 

my name is yannik, I'm from Germany.

I'm going to be honest here, i've never had a connection to Aston Villa, my Team is Bayern Munich. I'm really just here to ask a you guys something, after that feel very free to delete my account, even though i always enjoy reading in football clubs forums, i'm probably not going to be very active myself.

I'm going to visit a friend of mine in leicester, and since birmingham isn't far away and you've got a big game against chelsea coming up at that time, we want to go to villa park, will be my first premier league game, i'm pretty excited about it, too. 

So, obviously i will support Villa, because i'm in your stadium and i don't really like chelsea ( who does, right ), that's why AV scarf and hat are already bought and ready to be worn.

I don't want to buy a jersey just for that one game, but even more than that i dislike the idea of going to a game in regular clothes. That's why i was planning on wearing my Bayern Munich jersey along with the AV scarf and hat. 

Now, my brother pointed out that this might come across provocative, which, of course, isn't at all the effect i mean to cause, hadn't really given that a thought.. So basically, my question is whether or not you think people would find me showing up in a Munich shirt offensive?

Greetings from Germany, 

Yannik

I would definately not take offence and I think I speak for most people on that. I think you would be ok to wear your bayern shirt with villa scarf and hat, I've actually known people do the same thing so I would not worry. Their is no rivalry between us although their is definately history,

You'd be fine.

Last year (and probably this year too although it's not as common) people around me came in Dutch shirts, Belgian shirts, Celtic etc for support of various players. As long as it isn't a Chelsea shirt you'll be fine :-)

Edited by StefanAVFC

In 2009 I went to Bayern v Karlsruhe and I wore my Villa shirt. I had no problems at all. And you won't have any problems wearing a Bayern shirt here. I have seen many fans at Villa Park wearing foreign team shirts 

Even if you were just in the Bayern shirt, I think you'd be fine.

If you compliment it with a villa hat and scarf you'll definitely be fine. I'd love to see that at VP

Hope you enjoy your visit, and I hope we can provide you with an unlikely victory to enjoy!

Do these type of posters get notified when their post is moved? They never seem to reply again.

As others have said, I think a Bayern shirt along with a Villa scarf and hat would go down well tbh, personally I'd be happy to see it. Hope you enjoy the game mate!

Edited by samjp26

Do these type of posters get notified when their post is moved? They never seem to reply again.

If I left them in the Welcome forum, none of you could see them at all.

yeah sorry for replyin that late, didn't get to read this until now..

That's what i thought then, just wanted to make sure there won't be any problems.

Fortunately that cup final was way before my time so that'll be fine ;-)

So, i can get your home top for £10? That's awesome, how does that work, do i buy via internet or just right before the game? I'll definitely do that!

Thank you guys a lot for replying so quickly! I'm really looking forward to it!

Cheers!

You can show your ticket at Villa Village I presume (Villa Village is a big club shop away from the stadium behind the North Stand so you can avoid a lot of the crowds).

Hi, 

my name is yannik, I'm from Germany.

I'm going to be honest here, i've never had a connection to Aston Villa, my Team is Bayern Munich. I'm really just here to ask a you guys something, after that feel very free to delete my account, even though i always enjoy reading in football clubs forums, i'm probably not going to be very active myself.

I'm going to visit a friend of mine in leicester, and since birmingham isn't far away and you've got a big game against chelsea coming up at that time, we want to go to villa park, will be my first premier league game, i'm pretty excited about it, too. 

So, obviously i will support Villa, because i'm in your stadium and i don't really like chelsea ( who does, right ), that's why AV scarf and hat are already bought and ready to be worn.

I don't want to buy a jersey just for that one game, but even more than that i dislike the idea of going to a game in regular clothes. That's why i was planning on wearing my Bayern Munich jersey along with the AV scarf and hat. 

Now, my brother pointed out that this might come across provocative, which, of course, isn't at all the effect i mean to cause, hadn't really given that a thought.. So basically, my question is whether or not you think people would find me showing up in a Munich shirt offensive?

Greetings from Germany, 

Yannik

Just don't wear a Birmingham city shirt.....everything else will be fine.

AV scarf and hat are already bought and ready to be worn.

my question is whether or not you think people would find me showing up in a Munich shirt offensive?

I think it will all depend on what trousers you wear.

Â