Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

This is a game that fundamentally alters the course of our season. Win and we should have good breathing space between us and the bottom three, and can relax a little and maybe even look up. Lose it, or even draw, and we're definitely in the thick of things, especially with the month we have ahead. I'm disappointed that we're in this position again to be honest, but whichever way you look at it this is a massive game.

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Baker - Bertrand

Bacuna - Westwood - Delph

Albrighton - Benteke - Gabby

No guarantees that side will win but it's about as strong as we have.

I would go with this as long as Gabby truly stays wide. He has a tendency to drift inside.

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Baker - Bertrand

Bacuna - Westwood - Delph

Albrighton - Benteke - Gabby

No guarantees that side will win but it's about as strong as we have.

I'd be interested in seeing this side but no idea if it would work or not. Just be nice to see an end to the 4-3-1-2 system which seems to never work for us.

Part of me would just like to see a settled side - feels like we are back to AM days where we change team/formation every week but none of them work. As though the manager has no idea what his best team is and is just guessing at solutions.

it's about time this dreadful form comes to an end. The players know it to and must be sick of disappointing results. I think this might be the game where we break that dry spell and get metaphorically laid. win the villa!

Something that has been frustrating me for past several games is the idea that gabby is an out and out striker who can play off Benteke. Paul Lambert is either being extremely stubborn thinking it will pay off at some point or is just deluded. When gabby plays this role he literally stands on Benteke shoulder for the whole game and doesn't offer any other options for the midfield. I think last season proved Weimann plays off Benteke a lot better than gabby so i'd give him a free role in around the Norwich back 4

Personally at home i believe we have been crying out for gabby's pace to be utilised down the wing. We are such a narrow attacking team at home when we have one of the widest pitches in the league. The West Ham for me showed how easy it was for teams to defend against us at home as the only trouble they had was when Albrighton came on and made multiple runs down the wing and  several crosses into the box. 

I'd like to Lambert drop this idea of playing 4-3-3 on sunday and go back to a 4-4-2 and use the wings.Team for me with everyone on form:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bertrand 

Albrighton Westwood Delph Gabby

Benteke Weimann