Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Some tough choices for Lambert to make. The front 3 are not firing. Albrighton must come in! Westwood proved yesterday just how important he is to the side. The midfield is nothing without him in it so hope he is fit. One of Weimann or Agbonlahor need to be on the bench. Benteke needs a rollocking after his inept performance yesterday. Where is the fire he had last season?

Both Benteke and Delph were well below par yesterday, we need them fired up for Sunday.

Simply we must win, if we lost Lambert can **** off and we will maybe stand a better chance with a new manager for the remaining 11 games of the season.

4-1-2-2-1, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Delph, Gardner, Albrighton, Gabby and Helenius.

Isn't Gardner out on loan at Sheffield Wednesday?

Out on loan with Sheffield Wednesday, looked decent against Huddersfield on the weekend, couldn't do a worst job than KEA is currently doing.  

Guzan

Bacuna-Vlaar-Baker-Bertrand

Albrighton-ElAhmadi-Westwood-Delph

Gabby-Holt

yeah I know the forwards are not inspiring! I think Weimann's confidence seems low and he needs to be out of firing line. while Benteke just looked tired/lazy yesterday (depending how charitable you are) & his touch was awful - maybe being benched would wake him up. Holt should at least have motivation, esp against former club. Gabby will frustrate but he's looked most likely of the forwards to score lately and he does come up with an important goal every now and again - perhaps most notably at Norwich last season.

If Westwood injured, have Lowton RB & Bacuna in midfield.

Simply we must win, if we lost Lambert can **** off and we will maybe stand a better chance with a new manager for the remaining 11 games of the season.

4-1-2-2-1, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Delph, Gardner, Albrighton, Gabby and Helenius.

Isn't Gardner out on loan at Sheffield Wednesday?

Out on loan with Sheffield Wednesday, looked decent against Huddersfield on the weekend, couldn't do a worst job than KEA is currently doing.  

KEA is alright, one of our best players first half yesterday. he does have a tendency to disappear from the match after the hour mark (not dissimilar to Petrov) so he should generally be the first player you think about subbing.

don't burden Gardner with being our saviour, he needs to get some games and get back to match-fitness before he gets considered as an option for our first team.

couldn't do a worst job than KEA is currently doing.  

People were saying the same thing about Sylla and look at his performance at the sportsdirect arena .com brought to you by sports direct.co.uk in association with sports direct .com. Sports direct.

• Like 1

Some tough choices for Lambert to make. The front 3 are not firing. Albrighton must come in! Westwood proved yesterday just how important he is to the side. The midfield is nothing without him in it so hope he is fit. One of Weimann or Agbonlahor need to be on the bench. Benteke needs a rollocking after his inept performance yesterday. Where is the fire he had last season?

Both Benteke and Delph were well below par yesterday, we need them fired up for Sunday.

Delph keeps giving the ball away and sometimes in areas of the pitch where you can be punished . It spoils his game!

I would first give everyone strict roles and areas of the pitch they need to be in. I would also play Clark over Baker for slightly better distribution from the back.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bertrand

Albrighton Westwood Delph Bacuna

Helenius Benteke

Put albrighton and Bacuna out wide and tell them to stay on their lines and defend the width. Have Helenius drop deep to pick up the ball and tell Delph to join in the attack whenever he can.

On second thought I wouldn't mind keeping Baker though

Guzan

Bacuna   Vlaar   Baker   Bertrand

Westwood Delph

Albrighton   Helenius     Gabby

Benteke

• Like 1

I'm going to this, and I've got an absolutely hideous recent record in the home games I've been to:

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0-3 Man United

Villa 0-2 Everton

Villa 0-1 Liverpool

Villa 2-1 Bradford (3-4 agg)

Villa 0-3 Wigan

Villa 0-0 Stoke

I know we've been shit at home but that's another level of shit. For this reason alone I'm predicting Norwich to win 1-0. I've actually forgotten what it feels like to celebrate a goal let alone a win and I'm not exaggerating either. The whole thing is alien to me now.

Edited by Mantis

No tekkers and No holt please .. not sure what options that leaves us but anyway.

I want to see Albrighton start but if he does that will mean Holt starting up front alone or with Bennet or some other out of place disaster .. maybe Luna :) basically anyone that wont have the pace to make it worth while playing him in the first place...

If I supported any other club that would of course be a very stupid thing to say ... at the moment, under Lambert its a real possibility.

Or..

Guzan > Tonev > wild shot

Norwich goal

Guzan > Tonev > wild shot

repeat until done.

As per usual I am gonna say Villa win, how & under which laws of physics this could be possible I am unsure but a win non-the-less, if Holt plays and scores I will eat my own Villa pint glass I got from the Villa store .. its oval, the logo is arseways and it wobbles ... I assume Lambert is managing that factory as well.

• Like 1