JPA - villa hero or villa flop?

Jimzk5

JPA: Hero or Flop  

341 members have voted

1. 1. JPA: Hero or Flop

• Hero
    • Flop

Thinking about heroes and villains, it's not so much that he was a hero in his own right, but that his coming was a symbolic victory over the pantomime dame who struggled on for a couple more years before taking the money and running. Just having him here felt good for that reason alone.

It's true that he didn't live up to his potential, but I think he always tried, and he showed honesty and character in what were often difficult circumstances. He was also one of the cleverest players we've had, making runs that his teammates usually didn't spot in time. He also seems a thoroughly nice guy.

I'd still like to see him stay, though I don't think that would especially be the best thing for him.

based purely on footballing contribution for the £9.5m invested, i had to say flop.

Thats ofc ignoring his injuries, tactics and his good seasons. Then yes, he would have been a flop :lol:

based purely on footballing contribution for the £9.5m invested, i had to say flop.

Thats ofc ignoring his injuries, tactics and his good seasons. Then yes, he would have been a flop :lol:

how does "footballing contribution" ignore his good seasons? :?

IMO, weighing the "good seasons" with the bad ones (due to injury, poor form or not being selected) then i don't think he's been particularly good Value for money.

Better Tarj?

For me he is a hero. He had a really hard time when he moved to play for us and deserves credit for carrying on in such a professional way. 100% every time he played shame there werent more in the team that did the same at the time.

Barry's bottom?

Can't say I have ever studied Barry's bottom, I will pay more attention at the Sheffield game. I am just a bit worried that a man has recommended this.

And Patrick I do actually go to watch the football.

hero definatly

the games before he was dropped have tarnished my memory of him abit

as he really was the poorest i've ever seen him, and now it seems he cannot even do it at reserve level

i hope he goes back to river plate at the end of the season and finishes his career on a high

Hero as a person.

Flop as a player. One good season isn't enough.

I genuinely don't understand how 71% can say he's a Villa hero.

Maybe they understand it was more than one good season!

yes, it was 2 out of nearly 6 i think, Al?

The season during which JG left and GT took over - good season.

DOL's 1st season - good season.

The rest have been distinctly average - to the point where in those other seasons he hasn't always been seen as a regular starter in the 1st 11.

a combination of injuries/poor form/managerial changes/different tactics/lack of pace have all done for him, IMO.

Â