• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Really should have been more ruthless in front of goal, had we scored in the first half we'd have won that I think. Unlucky with the Westwood knock, we were bossing the game untill then.

Real shame to lose, but we fell apart the last 10 minutes. Even a point today woudl have been a point gained on everyone who lost at the bottom yesterday. 3 points against Norwich is looking vital.

We were doing too well, so Lambert had to make changes to ensure we lost control of the game, and when that wasn't enough, the players upped their stupidity to ensure they succeeded in securing the loss.

Westwood was injured.

It was so obvious why can't people see this? Doesn't excuse some of the other things from the game but I don't know why people keep singling out this.

In the context of the overall game, we were pretty unlucky, but punished for sitting back once too often. Created chances in both halves but again let down by our front free.

How were we unlucky?

The handball by Bacuna that wasn't given?

The Remy shot against the post?

The Cisse missed sitter?

I know your Mr Positive and I commend you for it sometimes but if Lambert gets them in the changing room and says "unlucky" then I want him gone now.

He probably would do though to cover his own back.

Lots of teams would like to be in our position according to our manager. Clueless twonk.

Gabby firing over from 25 yards, Krul saving from Gabby, KEA putting two excellent balls across the face of the goal. We could have scored 2 or 3 times in the first half. Punished for taking our chances.

You are Paul Faulkner and I claim my £5.

• Like 2

Defensively very good for most of the match but you can't really on it when your strikers offer little in the second half.

Given that we lost two players to injury, I don't think Lambert was prepared to make a final change just in case another player took a knock. Newcastle just kicked the crap out of us.

Bringing our best player off and replacing him with Sylla? Tactical genius you are Lambert. Jesus.

HE WAS INJURED!! What do you want Lambert to do? Call Jesus in to perform a miracle and heal him?

Blaming Lambert for taking Westwood off is as useless as Neil Quinn calling Guzan Guzman all game. (I'll spell Quann's name correctly when he can be bothered to learn Guzan's). 

But you can blame him for putting Sylla on. Simple.

In the context of the overall game, we were pretty unlucky, but punished for sitting back once too often. Created chances in both halves but again let down by our front free.

How were we unlucky?

The handball by Bacuna that wasn't given?

The Remy shot against the post?

The Cisse missed sitter?

I know your Mr Positive and I commend you for it sometimes but if Lambert gets them in the changing room and says "unlucky" then I want him gone now.

He probably would do though to cover his own back.

Lots of teams would like to be in our position according to our manager. Clueless twonk.

Gabby firing over from 25 yards, Krul saving from Gabby, KEA putting two excellent balls across the face of the goal. We could have scored 2 or 3 times in the first half. Punished for taking our chances.

You are Paul Faulkner and I claim my £5.

Jesus Christ. Did you even watch the first half? We obviously had chances.

Utterly **** off with the continual awful performances. Sat back all second half and had no idea how to keep the ball and create anything.

Just typical that we (once again) roll over against a team who "needs" a win. We look desperate and are as likely as anyone else to get relegated. I've been worried for a while and this result on top of the awful Hammers defeat and dour Cardiff draw means we're giving ourselves a mountain to climb as we're in free fall.

Bennett's awful header have them the chance that resulted in the goal - pretty sure Bertrand would have dealt with t better. The manager seems to have no idea how to influence a game though substitutions and tactics and that is continuously costing us.

Very very worried.

Thought we were ok first half and could of gone 1 nil up a couple of times but alot of that was down to newcastle being non existant. Second half was absolutely unberable to watch at times. Aint the worst ive saw us play but overall it was pretty poor, for as good as vlaar can be hes ano utter donkey at times and he should of stayed on his feet for the goal. Yet another dull display from the villa and a big loss. If the teams below us win their games in hand were right in it. We have got to beat norwich because with chelsea, city and united coming up it dont look good

I'm gutted at the result, but I really don't understand the comments about the subs.

Westwood was injured so he replaced him with the CM on the bench.

Bertrand has struggled with seeing out 90 mins so he replaced him with the LB on the bench.  Had be brought on Albrighton we could easily have been overrun in midfield.  We were a minute from getting a good away point.

When Westwood went off we started to lose the midfield battle, as Sylla is poor, but it meant that we were on the substitution back foot from there on in.  I'm guessing, if it was for fitness, that PL knew that Bertrand had to come off at some point so the desire to preserve an away point probably prevailed.

Still gutted mind you.  :(

Bringing our best player off and replacing him with Sylla? Tactical genius you are Lambert. Jesus.

HE WAS INJURED!! What do you want Lambert to do? Call Jesus in to perform a miracle and heal him?

Blaming Lambert for taking Westwood off is as useless as Neil Quinn calling Guzan Guzman all game. (I'll spell Quann's name correctly when he can be bothered to learn Guzan's). 

But you can blame him for putting Sylla on. Simple.

Who should he bring on? We were going ok at that stage and pretty much winning the midfield battle, so he would have been slated for changing the shape of the team. Sylla was the only option for a like the like swap. 

• Like 1

Â