• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

wouldn't feel so bad to lose like that if we'd tried to go for the win and got punished on the break. but it was just hopelessly inviting pressure by giving the ball straight back to them time and again. nothing stuck up front in 2nd half and the chances we had to counter were all wasted. all three forwards guilty of awful decision making & execution when they had those counter opportunities. cannot understand why Lambert didn't change one of them.

and when he had to take Westwood off, why not make it a proactive change & put Albrighton on? so frustrating. I'm really losing faith in Lambert's tactics. he claims to always send teams out to win, but there was little evidence today that he was going for a win. seemed happy to settle for another 0-0 in a winnable match.

But then again he already made better decisions such as taking off our best player who was controlling the game, for someone who probably passes worse than a person who has never played football.

I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this but...actually, nevermind.

• Like 3

I won't even be sad any more if we get relegated. We need a kick up the arse, because if we get away with it again it's just going to lead to another year of doing it on the cheap, and we'll just keep going like this until we're made to pay for it.

you know what mate unless their is going to be mega investment then it would not bother me to much if we went down, purely because this club needs waking up. cant stand another season of this

Newcastle are awful. Absolutely there for the taking. I understand the subs were forced, but Sylla? It's tactics that McLeish would get abused for.

Who would you have put on in CM instead then?

The McLeish comparison doesn't even make sense.

Why the need for Sylla? Albrighton for Westwood. We did nothing second half other than play for a draw. Our tactics were to lump it up to the three strikers who once again didn't seem to know what they were doing (although they're not innocent in this either. Sounds like exactly the sort of stuff we employed in 11/12 and I have had enough of it.

We'd have been overrun in midfield. Forced substitutions are rarely ideal.

Newcastle are awful. Absolutely there for the taking. I understand the subs were forced, but Sylla? It's tactics that McLeish would get abused for.

He didn't put him on in center midfield though did he. He pulled Delph to the center and stuck him on the left of a three,

He would have done better pulling KEA to the center and Albrighton on right mid, Saying that, he would of done putting Tonev on the left for Sylla. The olny place he can bring him on is the center of the three. Tell him to fight for the ball and give it so someone else as soon as possible.

Most of the players were crap but andi weimann was pathetic. I know he runs round like a demented banshee but he's not producing anything. He should have been subbed and Albrighton bought on to replace him. Does lambert see the same game as us?

• Like 1

Pissed off. It's gonna be tight now to survive. Cardiff and Fulham are down tbh. It's just that last spot.

Also, I'm getting really tired of dominating parts of a game and not taking chances, then it bites us on the arse when we concede. **** off Villa.

But then again he already made better decisions such as taking off our best player who was controlling the game, for someone who probably passes worse than a person who has never played football.

I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this but...actually, nevermind.

People saying we had a good game??? Do you realise how shite Newcastle actually were. I think Pardew was like, keep them entertained and we will easily score late in the second half....

Every game I go through the same thought process..... Rubbish game, rubbish performance! Surely it's Lambert's fault!! Should he go?? Oh wait, he's working on a tight budget and doing what he can.. So.. It's Lerner's fault! He's the one not giving Lambert the proper funds to do his job! Lerner is to blame! He should go right?!?!! .. But.. Hang on.. We could end up with someone like Vincent Tan... Oh.. Well.. I'll just get on with my life and hope we do better next week :)

• Like 2

With each passing game the feelings that Paul Lambert is the right man for this club erodes a bit more

the tactical nous just isn't there with him, wiemann constantly starting? Albrighton has to start, game after game he watches by as we hoof the ball hoping to see a flick on find a player which, even when it comes off we balls it up.

Its all very well saying he was working on targets for the January window, buy we didn't sign a single player that can calm things down in midfield, an experienced midfielder who can dictate play is every bit as essential as that no 10 we desperately crave.

Its so frustrating watching us because the problems we have are glaring, and the man trusted with changing it appears to be blind to it.

Why the need for Sylla? Albrighton for Westwood. We did nothing second half other than play for a draw. Our tactics were to lump it up to the three strikers who once again didn't seem to know what they were doing (although they're not innocent in this either. Sounds like exactly the sort of stuff we employed in 11/12 and I have had enough of it.

I agree that Albrighton should have come on, but at that stage in the game we didn't need to change shape and to bring Albrighton on for Westwood we'd have had to go 4-4-2, or play Albrighton behind the front two so not benefit from his crosses.

Sylla for Westwood was the only choice. That doesn't mean that Albrighton for Wiemann shouldn't have happened as well as some stage. 

Most of the players were crap but andi weimann was pathetic. I know he runs round like a demented banshee but he's not producing anything. He should have been subbed and Albrighton bought on to replace him. Does lambert see the same game as us?

Demented banshee loooooooool that's cheered me up

• Like 1

Maybe if Lambert hadn't left Lowton out of the squad again (for "tactical reasons" no doubt) he could have brought him on for Westwood and moved Bacuna into midfield. He could have brought Albrighton on then moved Weimann more centrally at the front of a mid 3. Or even switched to a 4-4-2.

Sylla is the worst player i've seen in a Villa shirt. He's garbage. Not even a footballer. If i was Lambert i'd have left Sylla out of the squad for tactical reasons. Send him out on loan, release him whatever. He's useless and changed the game today.

• Like 1

Every game I go through the same thought process..... Rubbish game, rubbish performance! Surely it's Lambert's fault!! Should he go?? Oh wait, he's working on a tight budget and doing what he can.. So.. It's Lerner's fault! He's the one not giving Lambert the proper funds to do his job! Lerner is to blame! He should go right?!?!! .. But.. Hang on.. We could end up with someone like Vincent Tan... Oh.. Well.. I'll just get on with my life and hope we do better next week :)

I do that too haha

Â