Weekends football 22/23 Feb

andykeenan

OGS would've relegated us last season. I still don't believe he turned us down.

Yes massive mistake getting rid of Mackay and hiring OGS.

Mackay was doing a dreadful job. They got promoted due to the biggest spend ever for a championship side, spent a further €35-50m last summer and still played super negative football while being only a point above the relegation zone when he left.

Well they were doing  a lot better under Mackay than under OGS. To say that Mackay was doing a dreadful job is very harsh. He got Cardiff into the top flight for the first time in many many years and they were doing ok considering the stress he was working under with the owner.

Edited by PaulC

Don't think OGS is THAT bad, I think he has the right ideas but to be honest he chose the wrong club also at the wrong time and he probably knows it.

I don't think he would've got us relegated personally.

No experience though! He may be a good Premier League manager eventually but yes Cardiff is the wrong club and so would ours have been i think! probably championship is where he should have started.

He really wasn't. Cardiff were regularly getting points against teams around them and were very tough to beat at home, this has evaporated under OGS.

His budget wasn't any bigger than Dave Jones had, he couldn't get Cardiff promoted with Chopra, Bellamy and Bothroyd as the forward line.

He really wasn't. Cardiff were regularly getting points against teams around them and were very tough to beat at home, this has evaporated under OGS.

His budget wasn't any bigger than Dave Jones had, he couldn't get Cardiff promoted with Chopra, Bellamy and Bothroyd as the forward line.

I notice Whittingham isn't figuring under OGS. A lot of their goals came from his set pieces.

Don't think OGS is THAT bad, I think he has the right ideas but to be honest he chose the wrong club also at the wrong time and he probably knows it.

No experience though! He may be a good Premier League manager eventually but yes Cardiff is the wrong club and so would ours have been i think! probably championship is where he should have started.

That's why I think he would've been a bad choice for us. Lambert had, and still has, a massive task here. I think Lerner recognised this and the Villa job was never offered to OGS.

That's why I think he would've been a bad choice for us. Lambert had, and still has, a massive task here. I think Lerner recognised this and the Villa job was never offered to OGS.

I'd much rather have Lambert than a niave manager like OGS.

Frrom Stan collymore, via his 'source' (from twitter)

tan & ole already at breaking point, ole promised that tan wouldn't interfere with teams which has now been broken and tan has raised issues with the January business

Who on here said Jelavic and Long would be awful signings for Hull? They've already contributed to two good away wins in their brief time there.

They have clicked very well, i had a gut they would be good signings for Hull and work well together!! both different types of strikers but working so well with each other!! in 5 games: Long has 2 and Jelavic 3! but each set each other up least 1 of those and the way they have worked out each others runs... exciting stuff i bet Hull fans are buzzing for such a good partnership.. Seems they also both get on well together

We need to watch these two when we play Hull at Villa Park as they are on form!!

No one said that did they? Long was a player I wanted Villa to sign, he's better than Weimann.

If we had to get a good striker that is similar to Weimann but scores a lot more and not that much older: Alfred Finnbogason of Heerenveen would be a good choice.

People was saying on here at start season we don't need Finnbogason (when we was linked) as Weimann is far better..

I very much beg to differ.

But you are right, Long is a very hard working striker and would have worked well here.

Edited by Villan4Life

Someone did....stuck in my mind.

Hull have done really well this season...I saw a few of their games in the championship and thought they'd be all but relegated at this point...Steve Bruce has signed very well right through the side.

I don't remember posting anything, but I'm more in the camp questioning the signings. They're both useful strikers, but neither have set the prem alight at their previous stops and didn't they cost £6m or £7m each?

Â