what do you do for a living?!

donnie

Havent seen this 'bin dunne' for ages and always find it interesting what 'fascinating' jobs people do...anyway im a retail supply chain analyst... basically means I look at spreadsheets all fackin day. The work life balance is good I suppose and the pay is decent, despite wanting to blow my brains out for 8 hours a day from utter boredom and the monotony of doing the same thing everyday.

admin for a bank going through ppi complaints, giving folk their money back. Dull and easy,and temporary - handing my notice in tomorrow - cannot wait! Was going to be there for 6 months and will have been there almost 18! Still saved up a bit, and can do a spot of much needed me time and go travelling for a bit.

I am the controller of my municipality education department. Helping principals and preschool managers with their budgets and make sure they do not dispose of too much tax money. Also do a lot of contracts.

I like my job but I'm not challenged anymore so if I see an interesting job ad, I will try to get that job.

I suspect there's going to be a good proportion of respondents working in I.T. in one form or another. I'm head of I.T. for a financial services firm in the city (that city being the city of Lundun).

Oh and in-before-the-gloating mooney ;)

• Like 1

admin for a bank going through ppi complaints, giving folk their money back. Dull and easy,and temporary - handing my notice in tomorrow - cannot wait! Was going to be there for 6 months and will have been there almost 18! Still saved up a bit, and can do a spot of much needed me time and go travelling for a bit.

Ditto. For which bank, dare I ask?

Ditto. For which bank, dare I ask?

Lloyds. Yourself?

I'm not sure of the general wisdom of offering my actual opinion on their competency as an organisation, so I'll respectfully desist, leaving a naturally massive inference. Ah **** it, I'm quitting in a month. They're amazingly inept at staff management in general. 

Â