Destiny

PieFacE

Have to say I didn't notice it running at 30FPS yesterday as much as I ddi previously. Not sure if it's because the BETA build keeps a more stable FPS or i'm just expecting it, not sure.

But on the Firefight missions, are you just meant to run to the objective and kill the main boss each time? Or are you meant to explore the area? It all seems a bit.... run into one place, shoot all the baddies, run to the next place, shoot all the baddies, rinse and repeat. 

Yeah the game was much smoother for me yesterday. After you went I went on a planet that had no main objective, as it was an exploring area, so I guess there will be more of those planets in the full game.

I found out that you have to speak to an NPC at the Tower to unlock PVP, so we can try that out tonight if you're on :)

It's basically Halo's multiplayer, with a huge MMO-style world with every planet from the solar system added in a separate game mode. From what I've played, the PVP is just the small part of the game and the real part is the MMO stuff.

I love how the matchmaking/party system is already a million times better in Alpha/Beta than Battlefield 4 is a year after release.

So played this for about 5 hours today, PVP only. 

Started off not really enjoying it, didn't really understand what was killing me all the time and felt it was lacking substance. But it slowly started to grow on me and found myself having a bit of fun. Not quite sure how the multiplayer PVP stuff is "next gen" at all. The graphics don't look all that great, it runs at 30FPS and the maps are tiny. The size of the maps is a bit of a worry for me, after playing and really enjoying 64player Conquest games on BF4 with huge maps and vehicles, this seems extremely small. The maps are a similar size to Titanfall, only Titanfall has more going for it vertically which give it a bit of an edge. But anywho, i'm hoping they do have some Big Team Battle maps like they did in Halo as that would be fun. The gunplay and control can be extremely responsive and I quite like the "Special Ammo" and "Heavy Ammo" aspect to the game. Keeps things balanced. 

In summary, i'm enjoying it, not sure why it's so deserving of the hype, guess that's all in the MMO stuff like VR123 said above!  

Oh, and that Halo style Sniper Rifle  :wub:

Edited by PieFacE

Played this again this afternoon. Getting into it more now. Enough to make me think about ordering it now. Still trying to figure out the multi player bits.

Well, after a whole weekend of not doing a lot but playing the BETA I'm sold. Within that time I must have played over 80 PVP games, just one gametype on 2 maps, and I'm still not bored of it. Just checked and I've played it for 14hours since Thursday. Jesus :lol:

Bungie, take my money.

Day 1 purchase for me. 

Edited by PieFacE

Played an epic co-op mission yesterday.  The bosses took ages to kill off, but the strategy involved in taking them down is great.  Could be I pre-order this afterall!

• Like 1

Yeah, the game has so much potential, especially if they put in all the classic Halo game modes like Big Team Battle, Doubles etc. It's a good sign that people are still hooked to the game after one game mode and two maps.

I still feel that the PVP will be the smaller part of the game too. I think you can visit every planet in the solar system so the game must be huge. Even the one area on Earth was enjoyable for me

• Like 1

Â