Destiny

PieFacE

@Hoof hearted

How are you finding Rise of Iron? I noticed you're in the high 370's, finished the raid yet?

I've had a few runs at the raid but haven't managed to beat Aksis, thought it was going to happen Wednesday night when we breezed through the rest of the raid activating all the monitors and grabbing all the chests and clusters but it got late and we started making stupid mistakes. Maybe Monday.

I've outpaced my friends in levelling and they go offline in the middle of the night so I've been running in pickups, Have 3 characters above 370. One of my friends has finally hit 365 so that will one less liability in the raid.

Got all 3 to 385 quite easily without touching the raid @V01, ran it last night with a few mid 360s friends with all monitors in about 1 1/2 hours. Just started the Thorn and raid pulse quest lines so that'll keep me busy for a day or two!

Add me if you need a lift finishing the raid bro, I've got a few pals who'll happily help out.

Finished raid, got Outbreak Prime. Been sitting in Iron Banana with my 384 hunter getting smashed by all the 360's, got to rank 4 1/2, apparently there is still an alt boost so I should get all 3 characters to rank 5 by Monday. Drops are ridiculous, I've had 4-5 of the auto, a shottie, scout, couple of helms, gauntlets, boots and a chest.

Titan/Warlock are around 380. Still no Thorn quest :(

I keep meaning to send you a message when I see you online and see what you're up to then get sidetracked.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party. Bought Destiny. No idea what I am doing. Graphics look cool. I can dance and sit down and look edgey.. My guns are shit. Don't know how to upgrade them. They all look the same. What is impact. Who are all these people in my map. Why does super charge take so long. So confused. What are these blues things I have. What are these coins I have. What are these medallion things I have. Loading takes forever. Back to the comfort of Borderlands. Out of my depth. I am too old for this shit. So out of touch. How did this happen. Dejected.

Edited by rodders0223

• 4 months later...

So, Age of Triumph is out today, including lots of new Emblems to celebrate how long you've been playing the game and how much of the story you've completed. New difficulties for the original raids too, at 390 light, the same with the hard difficulty story missions. 

On top of that, Destiny 2 officially announced via a teaser which confirms the first trailer is coming on Thursday at 6pm

• 1 month later...

I liked the look of some of the videos, but no dedicated servers, for a game this big? That's pretty goddamn cheap.

Bizarrely, on PC, the game is available exclusively on Battle.Net. It'll be the only non-Blizzard game on there. :huh:

Edited by Davkaus

To me it looks like what  Destiny 1 should have been. It pretty much looks the exact same, even the GUI looks the same. 

No dedicated servers is a bit stupid, plus 30fps for PVP 4v4?

I'm sure they could have hit 60 with ease which would make it more enjoyable. 

The fact they didn't hit 60FPS shows there is likely a lot going on that PS4 and XONE are struggling with.

Destiny 2 is on a new engine that allows for worlds 2-3x the size of anything in Destiny 1. This is an all new game that may look similar to Destiny 1, but ultimately isn't. 

It may be frustrating that it's 30FPS even for those on PS4 Pro, but consoles have to keep a uniform experience so the game can ultimately only run as fast as the weakest systems allow. 

Why Destiny 2 Can't Run at 60FPS on PS4 Pro

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny 2 will offer full PlayStation 4 Pro support, but some users have voiced concerns that the developer has chosen to target 4K display support instead of 60fps gameplay. The thinking is straightforward enough - ultra HD offers prettier visuals of course, but smoother gameplay offers lower latency and a higher level of precision response. This is exactly why franchise FPS titles like Battlefield and Halo transitioned across to 60 frames per second. So why not Destiny too?...

The short answer is the CPU.

The PS4 and subsequently the half-baked PS4 Pro are lacking in CPU power and Destiny 2 is a CPU intensive game. This is also something that will likely affect the Xbox Scorpio as both that and the Pro only offer a 31% uplift in CPU power and it's just not enough. Pro and Scorpio are designed to run current-gen game engines at higher resolutions and better visual fidelity and that's it.

So if the PS4 Pro can't even run Destiny 2 at 60FPS then the basic PS4 wasn't even getting close.

As for why PVP isn't 60FPS? A lot of that is likely due to consoles being a space where parity stills exists. If those on PS4 Pro could play PVP at 60FPS they would stomp on those playing at 30FPS. So unfortunately 60FPS is a no go in any mode on PS4, PS4 Pro and Xbox One. 

On 11/11/2016 at 13:00, rodders0223 said:

Late to the party. Bought Destiny. No idea what I am doing. Graphics look cool. I can dance and sit down and look edgey.. My guns are shit. Don't know how to upgrade them. They all look the same. What is impact. Who are all these people in my map. Why does super charge take so long. So confused. What are these blues things I have. What are these coins I have. What are these medallion things I have. Loading takes forever. Back to the comfort of Borderlands. Out of my depth. I am too old for this shit. So out of touch. How did this happen. Dejected.

I had it from the start, and those were my impressions too.  It was very noticeable that during the first week just about all of my PS online friends were playing it, but then after a week of being bored senseless, almost nobody was.

Â