Thailand

Stevo985

I was over here in the 06 coup and the riots in 2010, and again it made no difference to my life, the only way you knew about it was watching the news and media.

:huh:  :o

Cheers Donnie.

Yeah I saw that the Hep B one was covered on the NHS at least so was free. Might give the docs a ring and see what they say.

When I went to see the Nurse before going, she advised that Hep B wasn't necessary unless you were going to be poking the locals. It also costs quite a lot of money, though we may have different rules here in Wales.

I opted for the tetanus jab and also picked up some Malaria tabs. You won't be needing the latter unless you go up into the Golden Triangle.

There were a few on offer, you can actually access the same page that the (often clueless) Nurses use to get their advice from. I'll see if I can dig out the address later on.

Edited by Shillzz

Properly excited now. Much more so than I thought I would be given that I wasn't really that fussed about Thailand in the first place.

Especially as the curfew seems to have been lifted in most of the places I'm heading (only still in place in Bangkok)

Another question though, injections. Anyone been before think I should get any? A bit of internet research suggests that Hep B might be a good one to get as you can catch it from food. Everything else isn't really necessary though. Thoughts?

my mate lives there and hasn't had any of them , if you were hiking through a jungle for 6 months then maybe you'd need a few but it's fairly civilised out there

I didn't bother with anything when I went (both times )  .. but saying that I've had more jabs in my arm than Pete Doherty over the years for some of the places I've been so I think I'm covered for most things by default

I opted for the tetanus jab and also picked up some Malaria tabs. You won't be needing the latter unless you go up into the Golden Triangle.

There were a few on offer, you can actually access the same page that the (often clueless) Nurses use to get their advice from. I'll see if I can dig out the address later on.

fitfortravel is the one they use isn't it ?

They received my application on 16th May ( a week after I posted it, annoying)

Their target is 4 weeks to process the application and get it back to me via post. Which would be next Friday.

But they recommend allowing 6 weeks. Which would make it the week before I go away.

Cutting it close!

saw an article on the web today that said there is currently a backlog of 500,000 applications  .. hope yours doesn't get caught up in that

Their target is 4 weeks to process the application and get it back to me via post. Which would be next Friday.

But they recommend allowing 6 weeks. Which would make it the week before I go away.

Cutting it close!

saw an article on the web today that said there is currently a backlog of 500,000 applications .. hope yours doesn't get caught up in that

Passport arrived today. Woohoooo!

:thumb:

Cutting it close!

saw an article on the web today that said there is currently a backlog of 500,000 applications .. hope yours doesn't get caught up in that

Passport arrived today. Woohoooo!

:thumb:

ah missed that post

good stuff   ....

• Like 1

When I went to see the Nurse before going, she advised that Hep B wasn't necessary unless you were going to be poking the locals. It also costs quite a lot of money, though we may have different rules here in Wales.

Errr yeah, I had the jab! 

Errr yeah, I had the jab!

wilfrid-brambell.jpg

Properly excited now. Much more so than I thought I would be given that I wasn't really that fussed about Thailand in the first place.

Especially as the curfew seems to have been lifted in most of the places I'm heading (only still in place in Bangkok)

Another question though, injections. Anyone been before think I should get any? A bit of internet research suggests that Hep B might be a good one to get as you can catch it from food. Everything else isn't really necessary though. Thoughts?

my mate lives there and hasn't had any of them , if you were hiking through a jungle for 6 months then maybe you'd need a few but it's fairly civilised out there

I didn't bother with anything when I went (both times )  .. but saying that I've had more jabs in my arm than Pete Doherty over the years for some of the places I've been so I think I'm covered for most things by default

Correct, this page may be of interest to you Stevo:

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/thailand.aspx

• Like 1

Correct, this page may be of interest to you Stevo:

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/thailand.aspx

Never thanked you for this.

GF went for hers yesterday and they told her she only needed the Hep jab. Got mine booked for next week.

16 days and I'll be there. Can't **** wait now

• 2 weeks later...
Â