Thailand

Stevo985

I stayed at Sunset Hill Resort in Koh Phangan. It's a bit out of the way but it's very good value and has an amazing pool. Worth checking out but you'd have to get a taxi or hire a scooter if you wanted to go the full moon party.

Think we're going with Milky Bay. Looks nice and is about £20 each a night. Which is quite a lot for Thailand I gather, but seems about the going rate around FMP.

Emailed them and they said they organise taxis to the FMP for 300 baht for 2 people, about a fiver. Think I can handle that

When you're in Bangkok, get wise to all the people trying to scam you, which will probably be 90% of the locals you speak to.

the most common ones are people telling you a popular tourist attraction such as the palace is closed (it won't be).  Also tuk tuk drivers that offer you a tour, as they just take you around a bunch of shops that pay them commission.  To be honest in Bangkok, I'd avoid tuk tuk's altogether, they are bad news.

• Like 1

Will do, cheers.

Anymore recommendations for stuff to do in Bangkok?

We're planning on the grand palace, some floating markets and a **** elephant ride. It's the gf's birthday on one of the days we're there and she's insisting on riding a flipping elephant!

Patpong is a must, assuming your missus is fairly open but again be wary.  Don't go into any of the 'upstairs bar's offering you a ping pong show with cheap beer.

Eat street food on Khao San Road, and it's a good place for a night out also (Tourist Central).  Sky bar (featured on The Hangover) is worth a visit for a great view of the city and a very expensive cocktail.

As well as the palace, Wat Pho temple is worth a visit, I think that's the one with the massive reclining Buddha.

Quite hard for me to fully judge Bangkok because most of the time I was there it was during Songkran so the place was one giant water fight.

Emirates were having a sale so we booked with them today. £500 return. Not bad.

hope you booked the A-380 :)  ... or are you flying from  BHX ?

I don't know what your first sentence means.

Flying from Heathrow

hope you booked the A-380 :)  ... or are you flying from  BHX ?

I don't know what your first sentence means.

Flying from Heathrow

if it's LHR then Emirates only operate Airbus A-380's on that route now  ... basically means you get to fly the big double decker plane  :)

Ah I see. I didn't even consider what plane we'd be on, they all look the same to me ;)

Edit: ok I just googled it. it's **** massive! How does that even get off the ground?

Edited by Stevo985

hope you booked the A-380 :) ... or are you flying from BHX ?

If its from BHX then on emirates its the boeing 777 sadly.

Ah I see. I didn't even consider what plane we'd be on, they all look the same to me ;)

Edit: ok I just googled it. it's **** massive! How does that even get off the ground?

idzjvp.jpg

It's 4:45am here and I am smashed!

Still early for Bangers!
Just got in - 7am ish!
Have you let the UN know?
No. Instead I posted that information on a football forum for a bunch of disinterested strangers to read. I had no choice though because Xela was challenging my manliness.
He he .... But Let us know what side of the yellow line you chose next time :)

It's 4:45am here and I am smashed!

Still early for Bangers!
Just got in - 7am ish!
Have you let the UN know?

No. Instead I posted that information on a football forum for a bunch of disinterested strangers to read. I had no choice though because Xela was challenging my manliness.

I would never question your manliness sweetheart x

Â