The Boring Thread

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s a bit like mixing cross plys with radials which was hammered into me as a child

Not as bad as that, but yeah, not good practice. 

• 1 month later...

Will put here due to the relatively trivial nature.

A recent observation re covid - you know when you go for a piss, particularly at a urinal and for whatever reason you decide to spit at the same time. Nope can’t do it now, wearing a mask. Those halcyon days are over.

What is the need to spit?

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life spat in the street or in to a urinal.

Do some people have some sort of condition? Do they generate more spit than they can swallow? Or is it just a spitting habit? Or something I haven’t thought of?

Genuinely curious as I’ve never done it so my default is that there’s no need.

• Like 1

Had some cracked/rough skin on the heel of my foot. 

Used some foot cream and it worked, but now I can’t scratch my leg with the heel of my foot, which I quite liked doing tbh. 

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What is the need to spit?

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life spat in the street or in to a urinal.

Do some people have some sort of condition? Do they generate more spit than they can swallow? Or is it just a spitting habit? Or something I haven’t thought of?

Genuinely curious as I’ve never done it so my default is that there’s no need.

I don’t spit in the street, just to clarify. Although I suppose when I’m running I might, but only when I’m in a more rural setting, away from where people will see it, country lanes, by hedges/foliage. I definitely work up more saliva when running.

Can’t explain why I’m inclined to spit when standing at a urinal. Maybe wearing a mask will put a permanent  stop to it. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • 3 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I spent all day tidying the garage. 

I was gonna paint the kitchen. So obviously I didn't. Instead I got an off-cut of the new carpet that was fitted upstairs, made it rectangular, put it under the table thing the stereo sits on, after taking that apart and cleaning and polishing it and putting everything back, then sat down and did VT while listening to to music.

IMG_1783.jpeg

• Like 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â