Browns news

BerniesElbow

“We’re sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on TV and Johnny and I are texting and he shoots me a text and he says, ‘I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together.’--BROWNS QB Coach Dowell Loggains

In the immortal words of Delonte West (LeBrons step-daddy):"How player's THAT, man?"
Very.

Browns have released WR Greg Little.

When they handed him his papers, he dropped them.

So much talent, so little grip

Edited by Tegis

• 1 month later...

And, of course, this in addition to his previous transgressions including a speeding ticket on May 9th in which a passenger in his vehicle was cited for possession of marijuana after the officer who pulled them over noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car. And he is still waiting on word of his suspension for (according to rumors) missing a scheduled drug test.

• 1 month later...

Brian Hoyer named Browns' starting quarterback

At long last, the Cleveland Browns have made their decision under center.

The team on Wednesday announced that veteran Brian Hoyer will start at quarterback Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, per Vic Carucci of the team's official website.

"He was the clear leader from the beginning," coach Mike Pettine said in a press release. "We've maintained all along that if it was close, I would prefer to go with the more experienced player. Brian has done a great job in the meeting rooms and with his teammates on the practice field and in the locker room."

The decision leaves first-round rookie Johnny Manziel staring up from the No. 2 spot on the depth chart after both passers struggled mightily through Cleveland's first two preseason games.

Link

• 3 weeks later...

Today is going to be a big day.
First off, congratulations and good luck to our Browns Backers Club President and Mrs. President, as their third child has decided to come into the world today. I can see him right now, the left hand holding his wifes hand and the right hand scanning his phone for updates (hopefully not swearing).
Its the season-opener for the Browns and hope springs eternal.
This team has alot of question marks and unknowns, young players and a first time head coach. I think, like myself, most fans are cautiously optimistic. Things just feel different for Cleveland now with all of the positive changes. This isnt the same old Cleveland. This is New Cleveland.
On paper, the Browns dont have a chance today. The usually lose their first game and its on the road against their arch-rival. But, Pittsburgh is a team on the decline while Cleveland is aiming upwards. I dont know if we will win today, but I dont have a sense of dread like most other times.
If I could tell the team one thing before the game, it would be this: 
"They are questioning and doubting you as men. Are you going to take that? Are you going to let them just beat you down once again and make you the laughingstock of the League? Arent you tired of it? Tired of the jokes? Tired of ESPN saying YOU ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE? People laugh at you, man. The Steelers think they wont even break a sweat to beat you today. But, they have never beaten THIS team. YOU have the chance to change all of that. By going out there and playing hard and knocking the shit out of the man across from you! By giving 110% on every play! By saying, "We are here to kick your ass and we are going to do it!" You can do it, guys. You just have to want it. How bad do you want it? Today, it ends.

• Like 1

Now its coming out that part of the Browns offensive issues in the first half were due to the fact that some plays were being cut-off as they were being called in to Hoyer. There is a time limit for the QBs helmet speaker and it shuts off after a certain amount of time (sorry, I dont know what length of time that is). The problem is that the Browns play-calling has so many words TO it that they cant even get the whole play sent in because it takes too long. To this point, using the no-huddle in the second half they had no problem at all, and I felt this let Hoyer be the QB he was last year before he got hurt. It seems taking the play-calling out of Shanahans hands let the team be more successful.
They need to simplify the offense. Change the terminology and less motion stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â