• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Good second half, we should have won that comfortably - we need to get Gabby and Tekkers firing.

Great save at the end. Opportunity missed tonight, we could have been sitting a lot more comfortably.

Also confirms we won't go down as both Fulham and Cardiff are both deep in the mire 

considering we are at our best away from home.....we have took 1 point from these two, who you describe as good as dead and buried.....I can only wonder at your powers of deduction.

So you believe they'll gain enough points to finish above us then?

I can only wonder at your powers of negativity

Should've won, vlaar solid, baker looks out of depth, albrighton did well, gabby what was he thinking and Tekkers would have smashed his shot in last season rather than crossing

Carried Bennett in first half, westwood was excellent tonight, simple passes and touches to keep possession. Motm vlaar or Westwood. Need gabby and bnteke to get confidence back

• Like 2

Vlaar easily MOM.

Benteke and Agbonlahor were awful in the box, just squandering chances. The decision making by them and the midfielders around the final third was terrible, and so frustrating to watch.

And why would Lambert start Bennett in lieu of Weimann, that just beggars belief! And Baker in lieu of Clark, noticed even the pundits were surprised at that.

Do not know why the referee did not give a penalty against Baker for clearly holding the player right in front of him. We got away with that one, they also came close on a couple of other occasions, and we were lucky to go in all square at half time.

We played well in the second half, but with no end product, and we should really have won it with the chances we had.

• Like 3

Ben Turner is a Birmingham City fan so wouldn't listen to him!

One positive from tonights game was the return of Vlaar and no surprise we got a clean sheet when he came back.

We looked better when Weimann came on for Bennett who was a strange inclusion in the team.

We go again.

And Baker in lieu of Clark, noticed even the pundits were surprised at that.

I thought Baker did alright. He does silly things at times and his positioning is worse than Clark's. Safe to say I'm not his biggest fan, but Clark usually struggles when up against a tall, strong striker and Baker bullied Jones today, whereas Clack most likely would have just given away free kick after free kick.

As Sven might say first half not so good, second half good. Tonight showed that both sides can't score. Cardiff could have killed the game off in the first half, yet Villa raised their game and had plenty of chances to win in the second 45. Gabby fluffed his lines and he will never be near a England squad again if he can't finish those chances. In the end a great save stopped us getting 3 badly needed points.

Positives- a away point, a clean sheet, Vlaar makes the defense look ok, one more game to safety and the end of the season. Negatives- 11th but still worries about the drop zone,  if we were even average at home a away point wouldn't be sniffed at yet we have to take our chances away as we know how awful we are at Vila Park, we lack quality in the final third, and if Vlaar gets injured we could well go down. Looking down more than up. Baker and Bennet are  liabilities and I still don't know where Bacuna should play. More questions than answers.

fair result

they dominated the first half and were unlucky not to score (and should have had a penalty)

we dominated the second half and should have scored

cant remember the last time we played well for the whole or even the vast majority of a match (i.e. 60+ mins), Sunderland at home is the only one i can think of in 2 or 3 years to be fair

1st clean sheet in 12 games for Cardiff.

Even if we don't lose we never fail to give a little gift to our opponents

C'mon. TBF, there was 2 top class saves. Can't do anything about that.

C'mon. You could actually score when 1 on 1 with the keeper like Gabby was instead of inexplicably refusing to shoot and standing there with the ball for a good 3 or 4 seconds allowing them to come back from yards away to tackle.

You could also actually stop wasting clear cut chances like Bacuna did and get at least got a goal or assist in that position.

Â