• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

my observations :

• Can any of our lot read the game?
  • Too many wrong options..... poor decisions....from just about all players
  • Does Benteke think about getting in front of his defender, probably been watching Gabby for too long?
  • Looks like Bertrand is finally come down to our level ( might be still injured, so will reserve judgement)
  • Manager gives about as much analysis and understanding of the game as you would expect from the tea lady.
  • slow speed of thought all over the pitch.

Guess after that debacle a point has managed to look ok.....amazing how shit performances can make results look alright.

Funny how we have managed to make shit quite desirable.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Can't get over Gabby. Should be fined for that, there was literally no reason to not hit the ball and it's cost us 2 points. Ffs. 

wouldn't be surprised if he had a brown paper envelope from Tan...after that miss.

Ps its not often said with any kind of seriousness.....but YES we would have all scored that

Edited by TRO

Looking at Cardiff I'd say they're down

I agree. They needed a reaction after the Swansea defeat and didn't get it.

If they don't pick up maximum points from their next 2 home games they are well and truly f****d. 6 of their remaining fixtures are against teams below us so the pressure mounts with every game.

Gary Mac did a good job tonite

I initially thought it was McInally.  :blush:

Gary Mac is one of the few pundits to have some fondness for us. It sounds like he enjoyed his time here.

Turner 'we need to be beating teams like villa' .. oh how small time we've become

So Turner now decides how "small time" Villa are?

Well I am not surprised that teams look at us and think they have a chance to garner some points.

Turner's talking out of his arse. If you actually look at our away form we're generally very hard to beat. I think we went over a year without losing away to anyone outside of the top 4. They can look at us as easy points when we come to town at their peril.

Of course, not beating us at home is another matter...

Edited by Mantis

Turner 'we need to be beating teams like villa' .. oh how small time we've become

.........we are slowly, but surely inviting it.

Good second half, we should have won that comfortably - we need to get Gabby and Tekkers firing.

Great save at the end. Opportunity missed tonight, we could have been sitting a lot more comfortably.

Sums it up perfectly.

Voted Vlaar MOTM as his influence is massive. At least he now has 12 days rest before we go again.

Had Gabby put away that chance we would be well clear of the bottom 3. Both Cardiff centre halves did very well and although I'm critical about Baker, apart from his manhandling of Jones in the area he had a decent game.

Also confirms we won't go down as both Fulham and Cardiff are both deep in the mire and having looked at the remaining fixtures I think Sunderland are also favourites to go.

That is a brave statement!

Edited by AntrimBlack

.........we are slowly, but surely inviting it.

Doesn't he just mean that for them to stay up they need to beat the teams around them in the table.

• Like 1

Good second half, we should have won that comfortably - we need to get Gabby and Tekkers firing.

Great save at the end. Opportunity missed tonight, we could have been sitting a lot more comfortably.

Also confirms we won't go down as both Fulham and Cardiff are both deep in the mire 

considering we are at our best away from home.....we have took 1 point from these two, who you describe as, as good as dead and buried.....I can only wonder at your powers of deduction.

Edited by TRO

Sums it up perfectly.

Voted Vlaar MOTM as his influence is massive. At least he now has 12 days rest before we go again.

Had Gabby put away that chance we would be well clear of the bottom 3. Both Cardiff centre halves did very well and although I'm critical about Baker, apart from his manhandling of Jones in the area he had a decent game.

Also confirms we won't go down as both Fulham and Cardiff are both deep in the mire and having looked at the remaining fixtures I think Sunderland are also favourites to go.

That is a brave statement!

Fortune favours the brave!

Also confirms we won't go down as both Fulham and Cardiff are both deep in the mire 

considering we are at our best away from home.....we have took 1 point from these two, who you describe as good as dead and buried.....I can only wonder at your powers of deduction.

I don't agree that it "confirms" we won't go down but I think he's commenting on the fact that we're 8 points above the former and 6 above the latter.

Â