• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

can't believe people giving Benteke so much stick. Gabby was far worse. Benteke's flick to set him was the one touch of real class in the match and should've been the one which won it for us.

That flick was all the good he did. Other than that he lost all battles and just did everything wrong. And is annoying.

It's not often that this team finds a steady footing to dominate a half.  Unfortunately, we miss easy finishes that could put the game away.  Credit to Marshall for the save, but Andi had half the goal open and managed to find the keeper, and Gabby managed to tap dance his way out of a goal.  Disappointed that this team fails to find the net so many times from point blank range.

The defender got a touch on the ball just before it got to Weimann.

Yes, that touch made it a sharp chance, Andi hit a good finish that 999 times out of a thousand from that range is a goal. Just a stupidly crazy mental insane save.

Must've missed that.  Sorry, Andi!  Still way too many chances in front of the goal to not score.

• Like 1

Don't know how we didn't win that one! Created chances, dominated game, always looked threatening, plenty of positives, that's how we should be playing at home!

Guzan - 6 - Only needed to make one decent save!

Bacuna - 5 - Got bullied by Zaha first half, luckily Zaha got injured, poor crossing, nearly set-up a goal with a delightful through ball.

Vlaar - 7 - Reads the game so well, always in the right place at the right time.

Baker - 6 - Nearly gave away a penalty, hoofer, did ok against Jones.

Bertrand - 6 - Struggled against Noone in the first half, better in the second half.

Delph - 6 - Did ok in a defensive midfield role.

Westwood - 6 - Poor first half until Mutch went off. Solid second half, most of his passes are safe or predictable!

Bennett - 6 - No major errors, didn't try to put the ball in the box enough but gave Bertrand the support he needed in the first half.

Albrighton - 7.5 - Crossing generally was good, should've had two assists for Benteke, made things happen with his runs infield and crosses from the right wing.

Benteke - 6 - Good link up, play poor in the box, still lacking a little confidence and so not playing instinctively enough. If he was more alert and clinical could have had a hattrick!

Gabby - 5 - Two great chances to score, why he dwelt on the ball for so long in the box I don't know, his first touch let him down all game!

Weimann was denied by a fine save, and played Gabby in with a fine throughball - Nice cameo!

PS that Wolff-Eikram is crap!

can't believe people giving Benteke so much stick. Gabby was far worse. Benteke's flick to set him was the one touch of real class in the match and should've been the one which won it for us.

That flick was all the good he did. Other than that he lost all battles and just did everything wrong. And is annoying.

I think Benteke looked a lot better in the last 30 minutes of the game.  Amazing how different Villa are when they have a little confidence and Benteke stays active.  Which is probably why this result was disappointing.

Benteke's link up play was excellent most of the game. Dunno what people are on about. He didn't score today with plenty of chances, but that was more down to Turner, I thought.

Playing wise i think it was a step up. And u lads know me, im Mr. negative. But i were encouraged by the way we played, and how Marc isn't playing week in week out is ridicilous. Why do we allways playing alot better away from home, i mean we could actually pass the ball today, i don't understand it

• Like 1

Guzan was fairly poor today. Made a good save then flapped and dropped a few balls. He is Mr. Longball.

Thats a concern for me - last few games he hasn't looked his invincible self.

However we aren't good enough to be comfortable mid table - its gonna be squeaky bum time again - hopefully one of forwards will hit form

Marc motm.

We were much better second half quite obviously. Marshall wonder save and great performance by Turner. 

WTF Gabby, shouldve buried that, you cant dwell on the ball in those situations!!

Vlaar and Baker were decent, correct call by Lambert. 

I actually thought Bennett was okay. We looked better once Weimann came on though. Voted average for the tactics.

Benteke's link up play was excellent most of the game. Dunno what people are on about. He didn't score today with plenty of chances, but that was more down to Turner, I thought.

Yup

Â