Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Dodgyknees

I know it's fairly common to scout gloomy doom on VT in the pre-game thread after a sour defeat. I mean, who isn't disappointed after the dismal display at home against a weak West Ham, but I believe we'll be able to defeat Cardiff away. They have not impressed at all, are in a terrible form, and I don't see them parking the bus so we'll have a shot at them. I believe we're due a big win for once this season. Would love to see this turn into our Sunderland game of the season. Bring it on Villa!

• Like 1

Cardiff have only got two wins in the last 15, and we even beat them at VP. I know morale is pretty low after the shocker against Spam at the weekend, but I think we should still get a result. Wonder how big the OGS factor will be? Have they only played the one game under him, the loss to Swansea?

Agree that Albrighton needs to play in a 4-4-2 and the lack of left sided options makes that difficult. I'd be tempted to play both Bertrand and Bennett (*runs and hides*) as Bertrand's played further forward a few times for Chelsea and done alright.

-----------Guzan----------

Bacuna-Vlaar-Baker-Bennett

Albrighton-Westwood-Delph-Bertrand

----Benteke--Agbonlahor----

1-2 Villa.

Edited by avfcdave

-------------Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Bertrand

- - - - Lowton KEA Delph

Albrighton ---------Agbonlahor

-----------Benteke

Bacuna is a better defender than Lowton. Albrighton's got to start. This is the formation we played so well under last season. Lowton's much better creatively than defensively and would excel in midfield IMO.

This could work.

Lowton in midfield ??? Wtf !!

Why so strange? He's very good going forward, his link up play, passing, crossing are excellent. Him, Albrighton and Bacuna linking up on the right would work really well. Or we could just put a clueless lump like Sylla in there.