Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Dodgyknees

Jones, Bellamy, Zaha etc will give us a very very tough game

Jones, Bellamy, Noone and Zaha against Baker and Clark.. Lord show mercy

Bellamy has been shite for years. As has Jones, we're just unfortunate that he's just moved clubs and he's one of those players who performs about three times a season.

If we contrive to lose to this shower it says a great deal more about how crap we'll have been on the night than them being remotely decent.

I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 for this, but I struggle to get a team that works that way.

First up, lets stick with Guzan.

------------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Two crosses a season doesn't make you a defender and personally I think we lose more playing Lowton than we gain by playing Bacuna in midfield; right now Lowton is a goal a game liability. Bertie looks solid enough down the left and unless Vlaar is available to replace Baker, I think we go:

Bacuna----------Clark----------------Baker---------Bertrand

Now, I'd like to go 4-4-2 with Gabby and Tekkers up top, but if you do, you're left in a quandry. 

In midfield, I'd play Albrighton down the right, and then you want your energy in the middle - Delph is an absolute miles ahead of our other midfielders, so he picks himself, then personally, I'd go with KEA. Sylla would be second choice and I just don't think that Westwood has the energy or mobility to play in a midfield two. That's three of them then, and we're on to the left side of midfield - best left sided midfielder in the squad by a mile? Fabien Delph. We could move him from the middle, but I really don't fancy a KEA--Sylla combo in there. So we're left with not playing Gabby up front or picking a player who thus far has shown he's nowhere near the level required for this division - Tonev.

Best bet - Jack Grealish. Likelihood - zero.

So from where I'm sat, we can't play 4-4-2 because we don't have enough decent midfielders.

So 4-3-3 it is, with the back four we've already picked, Gabby, Benteke and Albrighton and then a midfield three of Delph, KEA and one more. Take your pick from a lost and confused Weimann who isn't really a midfielder, a lost and confused Tonev who isn't really much of anything, Sylla or Westwood - personally I'd go with Gardner, simply on the basis that he can't be worse than we've got, or if Herd is fit, I'd pop him in there.

I'd like to see:

----------------------------Guzan-------------------------------

Bacuna-----------Clark------------Baker----------Bertrand

-------------KEA---------Gardner-------Delph----------------

Albrighton-----------------------------------------------Gabby

----------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Although "like" might be pushing it.

Pray for Vlaar.

I agree with a lot of this but have to disagree about Gardner & Grealish - I hope both come through to be regulars in the future, but at the moment Gardner is struggling to make an impact with the U21s and it is 12 months to soon for Grealish

I had us down to win this though that was before Vlaar's injury... One thing we know for certain is half of the score already.....it's Cardiff 2-? Villa as this defence always but always finds a way to concede 2 goals no matter what the quality of the opposition.....So it's a mere case of how many can we score? 0 or 1 we lose, 2 we draw and 3 we win...simples!

Here's some examples

Villa 3-2 Man City

Liverpool 2-2 Villa 

Everton 2-1 Villa

Southampton 2-3 Villa

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0- 2 Everton

Villa 1-2 Sheff utd

etc etc etc

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Bellamy has been shite for years. As has Jones, we're just unfortunate that he's just moved clubs and he's one of those players who performs about three times a season.

If we contrive to lose to this shower it says a great deal more about how crap we'll have been on the night than them being remotely decent.

They made Carlton Cole look like a world beater the weekend

Bellamy will get behind this back four with ease

I had a dream we won 3-1 with Holt scoring the last  :o

Dealer's phone number please ;)

3 points would be a massive boost for us right now, if we can get 4 points from the next 2 away games then we'll have steadied the ship enough to not have to panic quite as much as the aftermath of the hammers game.

I had us down to win this though that was before Vlaar's injury... One thing we know for certain is half of the score already.....it's Cardiff 2-? Villa as this defence always but always finds a way to concede 2 goals no matter what the quality of the opposition.....So it's a mere case of how many can we score? 0 or 1 we lose, 2 we draw and 3 we win...simples!

Here's some examples

Villa 3-2 Man City

Liverpool 2-2 Villa 

Everton 2-1 Villa

Southampton 2-3 Villa

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0- 2 Everton

Villa 1-2 Sheff utd

etc etc etc

Sadly, I agree.

Who knows. I mean really we might get a solid 2-0 full of promise and lively performances or we could be totally exposed by one of the worst teams in the league and easily beaten 2-0. It's not even worth predicting it.

• Like 1

Far from it. Cole spent more time falling over. Hence why he only lasted 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Here's some examples

Villa 3-2 Man City

Liverpool 2-2 Villa 

Everton 2-1 Villa

Southampton 2-3 Villa

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0- 2 Everton

Villa 1-2 Sheff utd

etc etc etc

You can bet they'll be close together as well. It's bizarre how often we have a few minutes of madness where we concede 2 goals close together and then don't concede anything else for the rest of the game.

Far from it. Cole spent more time falling over. Hence why he only lasted 45 minutes.

Because Baker was constantly fouling him it was quite evident he was a handful and he was finding it difficult to cope with him

Why is Westwood still starting games for us? Honestly don't see what he brings to our side. No pace, no strength, can't shoot, ok at pa,ssing can't dribble & terrible set pieces

He's the best pointer we have.

Fixed.

Here's some examples

Villa 3-2 Man City

Liverpool 2-2 Villa 

Everton 2-1 Villa

Southampton 2-3 Villa

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0- 2 Everton

Villa 1-2 Sheff utd

etc etc etc

......If I was Lambert reading that I would be ashamed.....with the sheer inevitability of it all.

Here's some examples

Villa 3-2 Man City

Liverpool 2-2 Villa 

Everton 2-1 Villa

Southampton 2-3 Villa

Villa 0-2 West Ham

Villa 0- 2 Everton

Villa 1-2 Sheff utd

etc etc etc

We lost 1-0 to a wonder goal from Palace without Vlaar. We conceded 2 goals against West Brom with Vlaar in the side. That really does not prove anything about the result tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us keep another clean sheet against Cardiff.