• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Absolutely terrible but I'm almost numbed to it now. We're shit at home and we're barely Championship standard with Vlaar out. When he's out we literally lose to everyone and barely score a goal, so today came as no surprise to me really.

We need him back for Cardiff.

He's made of polystyrene so I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon and when he does get back you're just waiting for the next strain / twist / bump or whatever to keep him our for another month

He's not that bad.

Absolutely terrible but I'm almost numbed to it now. We're shit at home and we're barely Championship standard with Vlaar out. When he's out we literally lose to everyone and barely score a goal, so today came as no surprise to me really.

He's made of polystyrene so I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon and when he does get back you're just waiting for the next strain / twist / bump or whatever to keep him our for another month

He's not that bad.

He's not that bad.

Less than 200 club appearances in 10 years. He is.

A game in three parts, the first half where we were appalling and should have been behind going into half time, as insipid and lifeless a display as you could hope for; then the five minutes of madness where we allowed another poor team two goals, then a period of sustained pressure that gained us nothing.

You can't come alive when you're two goals down and expect anything.

Bad day for the manager, bad day for the chairman and a bad day for the players; nobody can take a great deal from that.

I can't say as I enjoyed it much either.

He's not that bad.

He's not that bad.

Less than 200 club appearances in 10 years. He is.

He was out for almost 2 years with one incredibly bad injury.

Big Sam will not have an easier game, bully the back two, put pressure on the brainless midfielder who always turns left and let Collins soak up all the hoof ball villa throw at you. The daft lad cole said what about tactics and game plans boss, Big sam replied this is villa park and paul lambert nuff said!    "sorry boss"

It's so annoying for me. Season ticket holder and the only game I've missed this season was WBA due to work which has been pretty much the only decent game. Complete waste of 550quid to be honest.

I am seriously debating whether to bother next season. It is just too depressing for words. Much as I love the club I am so sick of watching the crap we serve up at Villa Park.

Same here.

Been going since 1976 regularly and a few times here and there from 1969. Never have I felt so disillusioned as I do right now.

The continual shite performances at home make me feel cheated of the money I spent on two season tickets.

You have to be there, and PAY for it, to really be as fecked off as a lot of us are right now.

• Like 1

He's injury prone to an extent but he's only really had two prolonged spells out while he has been with us.

But that's in less than two seasons !

It's not like he's been out loads though. He played a large majority of last season's games and has done the same so far this season.

It's so annoying for me. Season ticket holder and the only game I've missed this season was WBA due to work which has been pretty much the only decent game. Complete waste of 550quid to be honest.

I don't know how you lot manage it. I am the total opposite of you, I haven't been since the 2nd home game against Newcastle until the WBA game, so I got lucky. :lol: I won't be paying another £30 for a game again this season. There's a 10% chance it will be a game that is worthwhile and I'm not going to risk it.

Will you renew?

I wouldn't recommend Villa Park to anyone. You're much better off not going to the games, specially when you can watch them all online these days.

Will I renew? I don't know. It's the only chance I get to see some friends so may renew for the social side of it. But I seriously do not enjoy going to Villa Park at all. It's a factory of sadness. 

• Like 1

He's injury prone to an extent but he's only really had two prolonged spells out while he has been with us.

But that's in less than two seasons !

It's not like he's been out loads though. He played a large majority of last season's games and has done the same so far this season.
Think he missed 25% of games in the league last season but yes I agree he's not terrible but we need adequate cover for his periods out.

Really disheartened by how empty the ground looked with 10+ minutes to go, I really can't criticize the fans for leaving though - I'm less and less motivated to spend my money going to Villa Park. It's like we've all given up hope at home.

I don't think the defence did too badly today, though Baker still doesn't look like he'll ever be PL standard. The huge gap between our midfield and attack in the first half was baffling; we just look so disjointed. It couldn't be any more obvious that we need an AM to kick on from where we are.

We really need to stop collapsing when we lose a goal and shipping another straight afterwards, we are forever making things difficult for ourselves.

When Delph gave the ball away for their second; that's something I've been worried about him doing all season - he really needs to learn when to run with the ball and when to release it. He is good at going past his man but is becoming prone to CNZ dead end dribbling IMO.

Benteke still very much off the pace he set for himself last season and Albrighton really deserves to be starting games.

A frustrating afternoon, but we all know that these are the type of games we struggle with the most. I still think we'll be absolutely fine this season, and at least it is glaringly obvious where we are lacking so I'd imagine our shortcomings will be addressed in the summer.

Â