• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Albrighton has to start in the next game, that's the only positive thing I can think of from this game.

at home maybe but away the side that played at Liverpool is the way we should go at Cardiff

Edited by PaulC

A **** debacle if there was one, all I'm going to say on the issue tonight as I seriously cba to keep going on about it is RL sell the club and  PL **** off and take Grant Holt, Matthew Lowton, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, KEA and the one and only Jordan Bowery with you.

MOTM: Mark Albrighton, should without a doubt start against Cardiff on Tuesday, came on and produced numerous quality crosses that someone should of been on the end of, also thought he had scored with an outrageous effort from 30+ yards.

Bringing on Bennett for Bertrand was my last straw, I don't even want to hear the shite he has to say in his post-match interview, #wegoagain #boreoff #word removed.

We only managed to batter Wet Spam, who did deserve their victory, because after they scored twice in three minutes decided to sit back and tempt the eye of the storm.

Edited by Avflife

We spent the whole first half passing it around the box and do you think anyone could have had the bright idea to pop a few crosses in? No. Rather than try and spark something they all just gave the responsibility to the next bloke.

We have no creativity through the middle and the only way we can really threaten in these circumstances is by crosses into the box.

So why the **** did we wait for the 60th minute and 2-0 down to start doing that?

We were very unlucky in that last 30 minutes but seriously didn't deserve anything from that game so we go again I guess.

• Like 1

On a different day, this game could easily be 2-2. It wasn't and the players and manager will need to reflect on some poor decisions and a lot of bad luck.

Come on. 0-0 at half time flattered us and we didn't deserve a thing from that game.

Would agree with that, we could have been 2-0 down at half time, their poor finishing saved us.

I can almost hear big Sam's half time talk. Get in their faces, play a high line and wait for the mistakes.....job done.

I did not think the defence was too bad but looks so lightweight without Vlaar. For me the problem remains the midfield. Far too much passing backwards and sideways yet again with attacks breaking down through us dawdling with the ball. Funnily enough last time I mentioned that a couple of games ago some clown on here starting having a go, I think on the basis it was better to have possession and build with it. I agree but when do we? Tippy tappy around  in our half of the pitch never won games. But heh we had 68% possession so it must be OK.

We looked much better with Albrighton on the pitch and he put plenty of decent balls into the box but he should have started the game. I cannot be arsed to rate the players as their performances were by and large inept. My biggest gripe is with Lambert. What the **** does be say to the players? I literally have no idea what the game plan was beyond run around and look busy then hit and hope. Seemingly we are serious contemplating giving him a contract extension. Well I suppose it will be helpful to have settled manager for the Championship.

Finally a special mention for the 'fans' who booed Bennett when he came on. WTF?? I though thought he has a tidy 20 minutes and looks streets ahead of Luna and on a par with Bertran.

Edited by Harry

I literally went to the toilet, came back and we were 2-0 down, based on how the game was going I thought at worst it would have been a draw or a scrappy 1-0 win. Truth be told we werent horrible, just disgusting, putrid individual mistakes people should not be making at this level. terribbly dissappointing. Especially after taking the absolute piss out of my Gunners supporting mates.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

It's so annoying for me. Season ticket holder and the only game I've missed this season was WBA due to work which has been pretty much the only decent game. Complete waste of 550quid to be honest.

I am seriously debating whether to bother next season. It is just too depressing for words. Much as I love the club I am so sick of watching the crap we serve up at Villa Park.

• Like 2

Same old rubbish. Apart from 20 minutes here and there we have been for some time.<br />

<br />

What plan did we have today?<br />

<br />

Can't be bothered to go through the same mistakes we make week after week. The whole club is completely incompetent from the players to the chairman.

It's so annoying for me. Season ticket holder and the only game I've missed this season was WBA due to work which has been pretty much the only decent game. Complete waste of 550quid to be honest.

I don't know how you lot manage it. I am the total opposite of you, I haven't been since the 2nd home game against Newcastle until the WBA game, so I got lucky. :lol: I won't be paying another £30 for a game again this season. There's a 10% chance it will be a game that is worthwhile and I'm not going to risk it.

Will you renew?

On a different day, this game could easily be 2-2. It wasn't and the players and manager will need to reflect on some poor decisions and a lot of bad luck.

Come on. 0-0 at half time flattered us and we didn't deserve a thing from that game.

We hit the post twice and had a load of decent chances in the last half hour, if we had of scored one of them then the momentum could of pushed us on to get a result but ultimately we got what we deserved in the end.

It's been "if, if, if" with Lambert since the day he arrived, and it still goes on. We actually need a manager who can get us some success, not one who might have got us some, IF, IF, IF....

Sadly I don't think that manager is Paul Lambert, basically he is a poor man's MON. (and I don't rate MON)

• Like 1

I am seriously debating whether to bother next season. It is just too depressing for words. Much as I love the club I am so sick of watching the crap we serve up at Villa Park.

were not,,few reasons but £700+ for our two ST to watch this lot etc.. theirs a few around us had enough & not renewing.

the game.. no ideas in midfield,no running off the ball, defence to frail,another unhappy customer,no matter how you mask it PL has not won 2 games back to back, well done to super marc

A Defense which looked lightweight in August and even more so in January - can the manager not see that see that one experienced CB leaves us terribly exposed. He got away with it last season - but its looking dodgy again this.....

Lowton is a woeful player - he made Jarvis look like a world beater in the first half. A defence with Lowton, Baker , Clark is asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

Surely it was obvious to Lambert from the first half that something needed to change, we were lucky to go in level.

This isn't the first time this season that Albrighton has come on and been motm, but he only ever gets a chance when it is too late.

Poor from the players today but awful from Lambert, he doesn't seem to have learned anything from this season so far.

Albrighton MOTM by a country mile Clark and Baker were fine today. Not much else to say, too depressed. 

And I have to go to work with a load of Liverpool fans tonight who are gonna be unbearable.

how many times did carlton **** cole bully baker and clark? even more infuriating how many times did them pair of clowns let the ball bounce?

you can forgive the players for not being good enough but again today it was more a case of them lacking desire and commitment, 2nd to everything and bottle most things, got absolutely no bite to us at all

when albrighton came on we created around 6/7 chances, on another day would have scored a couple but we got what we deserved

I'm still behind Lambert, he's doing a difficult job with little support but to play the way we did in the first half was clearly down to the manager.

We had absolutely no width except for the fullbacks and when they got the ball they had no option but to send it back to the midfield because our front three had no movement and were all to central. If we are going to play that way we need someone between the strikers and deep midfielders to connect but we don't have anyone.

Why didn't he use Gabby and Weimann down the flanks?

Poor game all around - only positive was Albrighton's contribution.

Walked out on 80 mins. I am absolutely done with this shit

Don't blame you one bit. I'm sick of watching at home but to actually be in the stadium and pay for that dross must be incredibly frustrating.

Â