Special Forces

Ikantcpell

Did 15 years in the special forces, personally shot Osama, and fought for Britain in every conflict since the War of the Roses.

But as I tell the guys in my local, I don't like to talk about it.

• Like 4

Met a few SAS and SBS guys over the years on courses, cadres and adventure training etc and all I will say is they were ALL Scottish

Yep, the only guy who I know who was involved in anything like that is Scottish. Absolutly lovely bloke, but mental, and you certainly wouldn't want to mess him about.

Used to be taught at Uni by an original member of the SBS, he was over the age of retirement at the time and still as hard as nails. I once saw him walk into a low doorframe, hit his head, scraped a big piece of skin which was left attached to the doorframe and he didn't seem to flinch. He also once challenged a 19 year old rugby player who was boasting about his fitness and made him look solo small.

He didn't half get cranky when other geologists disproved his theories though (which happened quite a bit at the time)...

My mate is a marine and he's looking at selection for the SBS. He'll probably make it too.

My mates are so wimpy they'd be lucky to make selection for RBS

It's a weird one. We all became mates (there's 4 of us) when we all worked at the same restaurant when we were 16/17 and 1 is a marine, 1 is in the army, 1 is in the TA aaaaaaand then there's me.

Edited by StefanAVFC

My mate is a marine and he's looking at selection for the SBS. He'll probably make it too.

It's a weird one. We all became mates (there's 4 of us) when we all worked at the same restaurant when we were 16/17 and 1 is a marine, 1 is in the army, 1 is in the TA aaaaaaand then there's me.

Don't worry, I'm sure that in many ways, the wars you fight in the dark mysterious land of Off Topic are just as important. ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure that in many ways, the wars you fight in the dark mysterious land of Off Topic are just as important. ;)

Every little helps :D

I know 2 people who were in the army, one is now a for hire pirate fighter, protecting ships against hijackers, and is one of the nicest blokes you would ever meet

The other signed up and did his minimum window of service, and now spends his time banging on about 'the army days' like he stormed a machine gun nest at Dunkirk, and is, a complete and utter prick.

Â