Neknomination debate

dont_do_it_doug.

The thing is, I'm sure over 90% of us on here have drank as much or have done the stupid things that have lead to teenagers deaths. It is slightly luck of the draw and also a bit of a learning curve.

I'm by no means advocating NekNomination and I do indeed think it's dumb, but it is the sort of thing I did when I was at uni. Most people do. It's never going to stop. It's not as if youngsters aren't aware of the dangers of drinking.

The thing is, I'm sure over 90% of us on here have drank as much or have done the stupid things that have lead to teenagers deaths. It is slightly luck of the draw and also a bit of a learning curve.

I'm by no means advocating NekNomination and I do indeed think it's dumb, but it is the sort of thing I did when I was at uni. Most people do. It's never going to stop. It's not as if youngsters aren't aware of the dangers of drinking.

I was a big drinker when I was younger, hell I'm still a big drinker now and yes I have done stupid things when drinking and when drunk but I don't think that me and my mates ever done much of the old 'down it as quick as you can' I recon we were more responsible irresponsible drinkers if you get me.

The thing is it isn't just people necking a pint of lager it is people necking pints of vodka with shit and goldfish in them.

That isn't just a stupid dare or a laugh its just purely **** idiotic.

It actually annoys me that this necknomination thing is getting so much press, if an idiot wants to commit suicide by downing a concoction of wine, whiskey, vodka and lager then there isn't anyone else to blame, as you said its not like youngsters aren't aware of the dangers of drinking.

It just makes me glad that I don't have facebook so I dont have to witness any of the idiocy from the people that survive

• Like 1

If the game was just downing a pint, bottle etc then it might be OK/funny but it's turned into something that just shows how pathetic the younger generation is now. The most worrying part is a lot of them are people my age (25) that have no sign of maturity and are doing things I'd expect to have seen when I was 15.

I've had a look at a few and I've seen some consisting of a girl sitting in a huge muddy puddle drinking various things, a guy downing a pint in the middle of a Uni lecture, someone drinking beer out of a digger, people sitting on the top of cars, a girl downing a drink on top of a horse in a supermarket (WTF???), a man drink mixed beer + shit, and many many more.

Depressing. My goal in life is to make sure my daughter doesn't turn out like 90% of the youngens of today are.

If the game was just downing a pint, bottle etc then it might be OK/funny but it's turned into something that just shows how pathetic the younger generation is now. The most worrying part is a lot of them are people my age (25) that have no sign of maturity and are doing things I'd expect to have seen when I was 15.

I've had a look at a few and I've seen some consisting of a girl sitting in a huge muddy puddle drinking various things, a guy downing a pint in the middle of a Uni lecture, someone drinking beer out of a digger, people sitting on the top of cars, a girl downing a drink on top of a horse in a supermarket (WTF???), a man drink mixed beer + shit, and many many more.

Depressing. My goal in life is to make sure my daughter doesn't turn out like 90% of the youngens of today are.

It's all about attention.  These people want to be the next Jackass, Tom Green, SKY don't they?

It's the new 15 minutes of fame.

has anyone seen the youtube video of the young girl who has to strip down to her undies and neck a can of beer in Tesco

finally someone has got the idea of what a bandwagon is for 

Maybe I am a boring old sod (27) but most of these games are stupid and immature. When I'm out with friends we don't do stupid shit like this, and we still have a good time.

Meh im 19

Haha! Dunno why but I had you pegged as being about 35! Sorry!

Serious !?! Hahaha ill take that as a compliment...

In fairness I thought you was mid to late 20's haha

Â