Neknomination debate

dont_do_it_doug.

Maybe I am a boring old sod (27) but most of these games are stupid and immature. When I'm out with friends we don't do stupid shit like this, and we still have a good time.

Meh im 19 and disagree with it and im fsr from boring (or so I like to think) going out at least twice a week etc. But I honestly dont see the point in this ridiculous game. It just seems such sht banter. Id rather stick to different sensible drinking games if anything.

Despite my defence of the game, it is actually a shit game to be honest.

I was reluctant to do mine and only really did it because I was bored. When they first started appearing on my newsfeed I thought it was pretty lame.

I love drinking games though. A good drinking game is great fun.

• Like 1

Used to do stuff like that regularly as a student and on the occasional stag weekend. Drinking a pint of spirits would never be suggested.

I've heard of people in the past having a shot from every optic, downing it all in one and subsequently dying. The social media aspect is the only new thing about this subject.

Drinking with Americans is funny.  They don't seem to be able to go out and just drink, they have to turn everything into some sort of drinking game.  I put it down to them being so deprived in the late teens.

I think everybody should get behind my new version of the game, Norks and Nominate.  It's a lot more inclusive as most of the neckers were lads, and totally safe.  Win Win.

The 2 who died were Darwin nominees in my book, and while I still don't think it's particularly healthy to neck a pint of beer, it's hardly life-threatening if you stick to the spirit (har har) of the game.

The problem is that kids won't stick to it. It becomes oneupmanship and attempting to outdo each other. That's where the danger obviously lies and it's hard to know how to stop them doing that, other than to let their intelligence sort them out.

• Like 2

Indeed.

Many an hour of amusement and drunkenness have I had with different groups of people playing all sorts of drinking games (matchbox game was a long running favourite).

I was never a fan of 'next' as it didn't really seem that much fun (I have no problem with (other people or me) downing a pint/challenging someone to a race/a boat race/trying to do a yard of ale and so on).

Indeed.

Many an hour of amusement and drunkenness have I had with different groups of people playing all sorts of drinking games (matchbox game was a long running favourite).

I was never a fan of 'next' as it didn't really seem that much fun (I have no problem with (other people or me) downing a pint/challenging someone to a race/a boat race/trying to do a yard of ale and so on).

One of the best games I've ever played was at a mate's house fairly recently. There were 4 blokes. When the women went to get ready we decided to play a game to pass the time, but couldn't really come up with anything.

So we decided we'd all roll a dice (he had one of these yahtzee sets with like 6 dice in) and the only rules were if you rolled the lowest you had to drink, and if you rolled the highest you made up a rule.

An hour and half later we were all bladdered, the women had joined in, and there were about 100 rules, different sized dice, roll offs, battle rounds etc etc.

less is more :)

• Like 3

I've never enjoyed drinking games, even when I was student.  Surely they're  just for people with no social skills so they don't need to make an attempt at proper conversation.  Much easier to just sit there and say fizz or buzz for those sorts I suppose!  ;)

• Like 1

I've never enjoyed drinking games, even when I was student.  Surely they're  just for people with no social skills so they don't need to make an attempt at proper conversation.  Much easier to just sit there and say fizz or buzz for those sorts I suppose!  ;)

You're implying that drinking games are antisocial?

I'd say they're the total opposite.

• Like 1

I've never enjoyed drinking games, even when I was student. Surely they're just for people with no social skills so they don't need to make an attempt at proper conversation. Much easier to just sit there and say fizz or buzz for those sorts I suppose! ;)

You're implying that drinking games are antisocial?

I'd say they're the total opposite.

Yeah I engaged in a few at uni. Good fun. Good times

Â