Michael Laudrup leaves Swansea.

Avfc96

I don't believe the Europa league was 'designed' to be a poisoned chalice. It has just worked out that way and there is very little will at the top to make changes. Awarding a place in the Champions League to the winner is a positive step though.

• Like 2

Just read he was sacked because of taking too many holidays. Which might seem like an excuse, but the article did alledge he cancelled the training after the West Ham loss cos he wanted to go to Paris for 2 days

It will not end well for Swansea, getting rid of a manager who has done a brilliant job for them to appoint a club legend who has no experience of managing.

If he'd actually done a brilliant job this point would have more weight

• Like 1

Yeah he had a very impressive first 6 months, but in the 12 months since the Cup win he's been far from brilliant. Houllier actually had a better win % at Villa than Laudrup did with Swansea.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I think Swansea's achievments are a testament to what Brendan Rodgers have done. I have no doubt that Liverpool will be back in Champions League within two seasons. He is just now starting to get "his Liverpool".

and Martinez before Rodgers! Its interesting that Rodgers thought it was totally wrong for Cardiff to sack Mackay but Swansea were right to sack Laudrup. Its very harsh on Laudrup. One bad spell and he goes. its a good job our chairman isn't so over-reactive!

I think Swansea's achievments are a testament to what Brendan Rodgers have done. I have no doubt that Liverpool will be back in Champions League within two seasons. He is just now starting to get "his Liverpool".

and Martinez before Rodgers! Its interesting that Rodgers thought it was totally wrong for Cardiff to sack Mackay but Swansea were right to sack Laudrup. Its very harsh on Laudrup. One bad spell and he goes. its a good job our chairman isn't so over-reactive!

It's not one bad spell though, after the cup win, they only won 2 of their remaining 11 games, with only 1 from the 4 before too, 3 from 15 isn't very good. Add in to that their unimpressive form this season, and only 1 win from their last 10, it seems as if recent form isn't a blip, but their original good form under him was the blip.

feel bad for Laudrup he was a good manager, played good football and not one of the regular brigade like Pardew or Allardyce that would have a go at the referees after the game or instantly blame others.

They said on Sky yesterday he had 2 big players lined up on transfer deadline day forget the names but they were good players and when got back to the board they had signed Ngog and Emnes :D

on another note I think Michu will be up for grabs in summer now and cant see any of big teams going for him so maybe a cheeky bid ;)

Â