Jose Mourinho

TRO

It's the usual Mourinho trick though wasn't it? Create a bit of a fuss and distract from his own side's failings.  Nearly all the media coverage seems to have been about him rather than the game.

• Like 3

I really can't see what the guy is whinging about, Wilian was harsh however if the bookings were in a different order they'd be less fuss. The Bennett challenge, how that is a 'clear' goalscoring opportunity I will never know, he was running away from the goal not towards it. Then the Ramires one, that is one of the worst challenges I have seen this season, where someone has intent to injure another player. He has played a blinder with the press as it hides his sides failings and the Ramires challenge.

I still quite like Jose, I never take him seriously and his deflecting has done the job he wanted to. That was as poor I've seen Chelsea all season, they didn't have one decent attempt at goal and it was only the last 20 mins they went down to 10 men. We had all the decent chances before then, and should have been winning.

I've not seen many papers talking about this.

• Like 1

If I were a Premier League player, Mourinho would be the manager I'd want to play for. He is a proven winner, he's smart, he can be funny, he's shrewd and loves football. Sure, he can be a dick, but imagine showing up in the morning to train for Arsene Wenger....compare that to how you'd feel about a morning training session with Mourinho. 

Another measure of likability is what current PL manager would you actually enjoy having a pint of beer or glass of wine with? Tony Pulis? 

Mourinho is good for the Premier League on many levels.

• Like 2

I love Jose, hes brilliant at what he does and everything he does is usually for a reason. What he's achieved also backs that up, he has a 2-3 year limit at any club though because it usually starts to get ugly. I watch Real and La Liga every week and towards the end of his time there it was all pretty stale.

• Like 1

Yep, I can see him moving to PSG in a coupe of years. At some point, he may want to try his hand at international level, be it with Portugal, or England. I bet a Mourinho-led England team could actually win something. (Once the current deadweight is cut loose).

In four years time, England could be good enough challenge for the World Cup with a good manager.

He may be a brilliant manager however justifying the Ramires challenge by saying Foy caused it is nothing but disgraceful. Thats like Lambert saying to his players at Stamford Bridge, go and hurt a player because you've been on the recieving end here of some bad decisions. Foy's decisions weren't even that bad when compared to Friends decisions at Chelsea.

Its all spiel. It creates reactions, which is what it is intended to do. Mourinho knows his team were matched, even beaten for spirit,  rather than going through the motions, but he also knows how to play the media game.....and play it well.

He's invaluable telly, love him or hate him.

Which is precisely what Jose set out to achieve.  It's brilliant management if you can handle the pressure from being the centre of attention all the time (and Jose clearly can) because not only are the media focussing on things other than the teams deficiencies, the players themselves could well come away from the game feeling they have been cheated out of the points and be totally up for the next fixture instead of having their confidence knocked from being outplayed by a bunch of relegation battlers who they beat 8-0 last year.  It's why I still fancy Chelsea to win the league. 

Exactly this.

Got no respect for Jose. Been massively irritating all season. The Ramires comments are just very unhelpful.

Agreed. And people had the gall to compare him with Clough, no comparisons at all. Classless.

• Like 1

I think you can hate the bloke and still respect him at the same time.

Same with ferguson massive bell but also clearly good at his job.

Just makes it all the sweeter when you beat him.

I also love the fact that no matter how good he is he is just incapable of winning at the fortress that is Villa Park.

When we scored, I preferred the look of the fans sitting around me in the Holte End who had obviously said "Hey, do you fancy watching us beat Aston Villa Today? Let's get a ticket".

• Like 2

Â