Jose Mourinho

TRO

Watching the video of the comments I get the feeling that this wasn't mind games as such, more that Mourinho was genuinely a bit pissed off about what Wenger has said. Which makes it funnier in my mind as the unflappable mastermind that is Jose Mourinho got wound up when his mind games failed and Wenger called him out on it :D

I don't get why people like Mourinho, or the media circle jerk over him, he's just an arrogant tosser and always comes across as an arsehole when he tries to play his mind games.

• Like 2

Watching the video of the comments I get the feeling that this wasn't mind games as such, more that Mourinho was genuinely a bit pissed off about what Wenger has said. Which makes it funnier in my mind as the unflappable mastermind that is Jose Mourinho got wound up when his mind games failed and Wenger called him out on it :D

I don't get why people like Mourinho, or the media circle jerk over him, he's just an arrogant tosser and always comes across as an arsehole when he tries to play his mind games.

I tend to think it's because he's truly great at what he does. He's an amazing manager, maybe the best. He doesn't win because of the mind games, he wins because his tactics are brilliant and critically at most of his teams all the players love him and say he makes them feel better than they are. So he's amazing tactically and getting the most out of his players, and he even shows genuine concern for third keepers in training.

That's why he wins, and is so good. But he's also really arrogant, and so he tries to have fun/ is addicted to these mind games. Because he wins, the media doesn't call him out on how stupid and arrogant they are, and even think that they're the reason he wins.

To be honest, I think he's doing himself a disservice. If he didn't distract with this pointless, arrogant crap, people would focus even more on the fact that his sides attacks are devastatingly quick, his defenses are well organized, his sides actually play a really entertaining style in most games, and he rarely gets stuff wrong tactically.

That gets focused on a lot obviously, but sometimes it's overshadowed by the mind games, which he could win without.

• Like 1

I am sick of going on the BBC football page and seeing Mourinho and his latest outburst as the lead story. Today he is banging on about the Barcelona v Citeh game and that this is the worst Barca side for many years.

So what. It's nothing to do with you. Your team isn't involved. 

Why do the journos pander to his ego by regurgitating any crap he comes out with. He is just getting boring now 

Seeing as Mourinho will this week become to first owner of a new Jaguar F-Type Coupe (which is a thing of beauty as you can see), I'd like to say that he's gone up a little in my estimation.

Jaguar-F-Type-Coupe-2.jpg

I won't hear a bad word said about him!

I disagree.

Mourinho gets asked a question, he answers it. Press make a mountain out of a molehill and run with it as their top story. That's not his fault.

FWIW I find him very good entertainment value, would people seriously rather we had a league packed with individuals fresh from the PR school of avoiding controversy? (I'm looking at you, Pellegrini).

• Like 1

I disagree.

Mourinho gets asked a question, he answers it. Press make a mountain out of a molehill and run with it as their top story. That's not his fault.

FWIW I find him very good entertainment value, would people seriously rather we had a league packed with individuals fresh from the PR school of avoiding controversy? (I'm looking at you, Pellegrini).

Mourinho is smart enough to know how the media carry stories based on questions answered at the PC. He is so obsessed with Citeh, voyeur? Pellegrini is more concerned with building an entertaining football team, let Mourinho be the clown is Manuel's belief I imagine.

Â