Kingdom Come: Deliverance

hogso

This has just over a couple of weeks left to run on Kickstarter - check it out here. A lot of projects sound pretty good on Kickstarter, frankly this one sounds fantastic.

72c5d0d7ac08feea5a53a3cf4bb55d64_large.j

Firstly, one of the more interesting things about it is why it's on Kickstarter in the first place. They already have a 'financial backer' who is prepared to stick ~£2.7m into development. This is a guesstimate based on something on the project page that mentions the £300k goal being 10% of the total actually required to make the whole thing start to finish. They're on Kickstarter cos they need to self publish, as all the publisher's they've spoke to insist that they need magic & dragons, or people won't be interested. They needed to prove that people are interested, and having read through the project page I am mightily impressed.

a817ca1ad2044f0ee336289557ee6aeb_large.j

So, the game then - it's based firmly in historical fact. No magic, no dragons, no elves, etc etc. They're going to use real places, a story based on true events, and build the open world (3.5 sq. miles) to proper medieval spec, with historically accurate castles, architecture, people, the whole job lot. Even more impressive is that they're working really hard to make the combat as realistic as possible, working with experts to make sure the weapons are historically accurate and used in the way they would have been. Same goes for armour, and clothing.

48ea9fae2482eff914146f5fafecf53c_large.j

They mention a number of games as inspiration - from their description it sounds like they're aiming for a game with the immersive open world of Skyrim, with the histroical elements and large scale battles of Mount and Blade, plus an in depth combat system akin to Dark Souls. Massively ambitious then!

8315d3eb5fa3e32ff904972903babdaa_large.j

There's tons of info already on the project page, so if my boring spiel and/or the screenshots have piqued your interest, give it a read. There's really encouraging stuff about the world, the mini games, and the quests.

Quickly, on the (current - they hope to increase numbers) dev team - they're all very experienced, having already worked on open world games such as Mafia and Arma. The game looks like it will be happening, the original goal has been doubled already, and they're given themselves a 20 month period (let's call it 2 years, then) until release.

Which they hope to be happening on PC, PS4, and XBONE, which was the main reason for making the thread really. Even if you're not interested in backing on Kickstarter, this really looks like something that will be worth your time in the new gen.

Very hesitant about this. So far we have not seen any gameplay in real time, it would be nice to see how the combat actually works and how you interact with npc`s. It feels and looks rather ambitious for such a project, and that sum they are taking in is quite small. With that said, if it`s a good game then I am gonna get it. A realistic one is very welcome, it`s just a lot harder to do right. 

Looks good, I think a Medieval Skyrim type game would be awesome.

Although personally, I don't like Kickstarter too much. I mean this game has raised almost £750k already, the game could be pretty shit and yet it has already made a lot of money, just for the idea of the game.

Having said that, if this gets released I'll almost definitely get on release :D

Although personally, I don't like Kickstarter too much. I mean this game has raised almost £750k already, the game could be pretty shit and yet it has already made a lot of money, just for the idea of the game.

Having said that, if this gets released I'll almost definitely get on release :D

It's mentioned in my first post - pretty much they're using kickstarter on this case as a means of proving interest in the idea, they already have a private backer providing finance to the tune of about £2.5m. It'll almost certainly see a full rekease, and it'll be on PS4 and XBONE, too!

It's mentioned in my first post - pretty much they're using kickstarter on this case as a means of proving interest in the idea, they already have a private backer providing finance to the tune of about £2.5m. It'll almost certainly see a full rekease, and it'll be on PS4 and XBONE, too!

Yeah, this game I don't mind too much because as you say it's only for publishing so they don't change their vision for the game by getting someone else to publish it for them.

My problem is more with games by established studios like Broken Age that made $3.3m before it got released, meaning it was almost a guaranteed success (financially) no matter how the game turned out.

Anyway, this game looks good and I look forward to it's eventual release.

Backed it yesterday. Went for the £25 physical option. As I've mentioned before, I've backed things in the past with stupid amounts of money, so am trying to be sensible ^_^

They've officially confirmed today that it'll be on PS4 and XBONE, published digitally themselves, potentially physically as well, although they may need to secure a publisher for that.

They've also announced the final £1m stretch goal will be a doggy. Woof!

It's looking good, very good!

They've now said the remainder of funds raised on kickstarter will go towards the hiring of a/more than one big name actor/actress - Sean Bean and Brian Blessed are named as ones they'd like. That'd be great!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Major thread bump time.

There's a pretty sweet trailer out, and it's been confirmed for worldwide release on PC, PS4 and XBONE on 18th Feb '18

I'm pretty sure my backer level game me the game as a download for my chosen platform. So that's something to look forward to.

Â