Your England World Cup Starting XI

maqroll

Rooney has to play centre forward

and yet will still drop back and get the ball off the centre backs...

rooney will play wherever he wants, id play him in a no10 role rather than the no9 personally because i think he roams too much

thats my main fear with england, we look toothless at times because welbeck / rooney / sturridge none of them are goal hangers / fox in the box, all of them like to drop deep and come inside, be anywhere but upfront in the middle, the answer to that is lambert or carroll and neither are good enough (but no doubt both will go) or defoe who cant hold the ball up 

Hart

Walker Cahill jagielka cole

Townsend (OBE) Gerrard Wilshire OX

rooney Carroll

that's what woy will go with

I'd expect Roy to swap Walker with Johnson and stick Milner out on the right out for a battling 0-0 against Italy.

And possibly shoehorning Lampard into the middle somehow.

Edited by CardiffGreens

Lampard won't be in the squad. He won't take both Gerrard and Lampard, and Lampard hasn't been playing enough, on good enough form to warrant his place ahead of someone like Lallana. 

Also, will he have the stamina for Brazil?

As an outsider looking in, I have to say that this year's England team does not look menacing at all. Although at least your nation is going to the world cup  <_<  I'll be rooting for you all this year along with the yanks.

Lampard won't be in the squad. He won't take both Gerrard and Lampard, and Lampard hasn't been playing enough, on good enough form to warrant his place ahead of someone like Lallana.

I'll bet you a pound that lampard and Gerrard both go to brazil.

---------------------------------Jed Steer-----------------------

Matt Lowton------Ciaran Clark-----Nathan Baker-------------Joe Bennett

---------------------Ashley Westood---Gary Gardner-----------------------

-----------------------------------Fabian Delph-------------------------------

Marc Albrighton---------------------------------------------------Jordan Bowery

---------------------------------Gabriel Agbonlahor----------------------------

A shoe in for world cup glory this would be.

I almost "liked" this.

Then I realised you're just taking the piss.

Westwood? Really????

Woy could play them one in each half, 45 minutes each. I don't think so. Also, one of them is likely to pick up an injury and have to pull out.

I'll bet you my Bannan icon Lampard won't be in the squad.

You are forgetting two important things: It's Roy "0-0" Hodgson and he always plays boring tactics with old experienced players so I'm expecting it to be like this:

------------------Hart-----------------

Johnson - Terry - Lescott - Cole

Ox - Gerrard - Lampard - Young/Lennon

--------Rooney ---- Carroll--------------

I'm half expecting him to call Defoe and Ferdinand too. I'd very surprised if he doesn't play anything else than 442 or defensive 4-5-1.

Woy could play them one in each half, 45 minutes each. I don't think so. Also, one of them is likely to pick up an injury and have to pull out.

I'll bet you my Bannan icon Lampard won't be in the squad

Steady on, don't do anything stupid :-)

But seriously, if both are fit id expect both to go.

Hart

Walker

Jones

Cahill

Cole

Gerrard

Carrick

Sturridge

Lallana

Milner

Rooney

What Woy will pick

Hart

Johnson

Jagielka

Cahill

Cole

Townsned

Gerrard

Lampard

Wilshere

Ox

Rooney

Edited by Avfc96

If I was picking the starting XI:

---------------------Hart-----------------------

Walker----Jones-------Caulker----Baines

------------Milner--------Gerrard-----------

--------Lallana--Rooney--Chamberlain--

------------------Sturridge------------------

What Woy will most likely pick:

----------------------Hart-----------------------

Walker------Terry-------Cahill-------Cole

Milner----Lampard---Gerrard---Townsend

-----------Rooney------Sturridge------------

What ever the formation he has to go for it to progress in the World Cup

No chance, at least not in the opening game against Italy - horrid conditions,  a game neither team will want to lose (especially England) because the pressure of getting something out of the 2nd game becomes ever more so intense - it'll probably be cagey with a lot of possession ceded, this is an England team (led by Roy, who's never been that fond of possession statistics) not versed in tiki taka and with a prevalence to do what Sven's England did upon taking a lead - camp the 18 yard box and ride the storm out - only from the first whistle, and try to employ a devastating break or two.

I'm not expecting a pretty game (from an England POV) - honestly I'm already psyching myself up for 2 games of "don't lose" football.  Heck, you know that 0-0 against Egypt (link nsfw) in Mike Bassett: England Manager.  That.  And I think both teams would be happy with that right now.

Fully fit, I'd expect England to line up

Hart

Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Cole

Milner, Carrick, Gerrard, Cleverley, Wellbeck

Rooney.

Save the pacey wingers for 60mins in against a tiring Italian team - hoping we've kept it tight until then.

Or failing that, bring Carroll on, lump it up to him and hope for the best.

lol how did Cleverley get anywhere near that team?

is a question ive found myself asking 13 times already and not seen an answer...

you can slate cleverley but the reality is roy has been picking him and i cant see anything to suggest he wont carry on picking them, cleverley has a better chance of starting in the centre of midfield for england vs italy than barry / huddlestone / lallana / chamberlain / milner / barkley / delph etc and if he's not starting then he'll be the pick of the subs for CM

and thats why we'll be going home after 3 games...

awful player, he's just one of a few though

is a question ive found myself asking 13 times already and not seen an answer...

you can slate cleverley but the reality is roy has been picking him and i cant see anything to suggest he wont carry on picking them, cleverley has a better chance of starting in the centre of midfield for england vs italy than barry / huddlestone / lallana / chamberlain / milner / barkley / delph etc and if he's not starting then he'll be the pick of the subs for CM

his form is not even good enough for Man Utd. he shouldn't even be in the squad.

also, Delph's form has completely eclipsed him now, not to mention the others you listed.  Cleverley wouldn't get in the England B team, if there was one. West Ham's Noble is better than Cleverley and I don't mean to disparage Noble who is a competent and improving player.

his form is not even good enough for Man Utd. he shouldn't even be in the squad.

also, Delph's form has completely eclipsed him now, not to mention the others you listed.  Cleverley wouldn't get in the England B team, if there was one. West Ham's Noble is better than Cleverley and I don't mean to disparage Noble who is a competent and improving player.

trust me im not arguing how shit tom cleverley is!

but if you're second guessing roy's lineup then realistically you have to say cleverley before half of the players we've all suggested because roy obviously for reasons that everyone struggles to see likes him

id put my cock on the block and say if he's not injured cleverley will definitely play at the world cup 

We should just go for it and play a 433 if wer gona go out we might aswell go down in a blaze of glory

Hart

Walker Cahill jagielka cole

Barkley Gerrard wilshire

Sturridge/Townsend Rooney ox/welbeck

how about the gloriousness of this 2-5-3

Cahill

Walker

Townsend

Barkley

Lallana

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Agbonlahor