MNF & FA Cup Replays 3/5 Feb

andykeenan

Incredible to think what the wage bill of the players on show tonight is.

Gotta be something like 22x (ave.) £150,000 = £3.3m for 1 week (plus subs and coaches maybe same again...) Another world.

The Daily Mirror was reporting that Manchester City's wage bill is in the region of £650k a day at the moment. 

Can't be right... can it?

£650k x 365 = £237.25m per year.

William looks class

So does Willian!

Mourinho annoys me but they made City look a shadow of what we've seen this season. None of their players had a good game, due pretty much entirely to Chelsea.

Nobody better on the pitch than Hazard though!

Incredible to think what the wage bill of the players on show tonight is.

Gotta be something like 22x (ave.) £150,000 = £3.3m for 1 week (plus subs and coaches maybe same again...) Another world.

The Daily Mirror was reporting that Manchester City's wage bill is in the region of £650k a day at the moment. 

I'd heard the £235m figure being banded around too. 

Edit: £233m according to The Guardian

Edited by Stevo985

It is, and people wonder why we are stuck as midtable also rans. God it's sad to see a great sport like football ruined by money.

Great win for chelsea and fully deserved. I still think its between City and Chelsea for the title though, Arsenal will fall away.

As for the FA cup replays? -_-

Edited by villa89

Thought the game last night (bearing in mind I missed the first half an hour) was fantastic.

I predicted a 1-0 but I said it would be a boring performance from Chelsea.

It wasn't at all though. Thought both teams were very good but Chelsea were exceptional. It's games like that that remind you how good Mourinho is

Some don't like his mind games or whatever, but he's an absolute genius. Last night was a tactical masterclass. Far from boring too, Matic looks like a very good signing and Eto'o has been great in recent weeks working very hard for the team. Definitely their main man in front of Torres and Ba for now.

I love his "mind games" (although I'm not a fan of calling them that)

he's just a troll. He deliberately says stuff that he knows people will hate and give a reaction. He's constantly deflecting attention from the team and it works.

He's always done that and it's pretty much always worked.

I really like the guy, in a sort of I like him because everyone hates him way.

• Like 2

I love his "mind games" (although I'm not a fan of calling them that)

he's just a troll. He deliberately says stuff that he knows people will hate and give a reaction. He's constantly deflecting attention from the team and it works.

He's always done that and it's pretty much always worked.

I really like the guy, in a sort of I like him because everyone hates him way.

Agreed with all of this.

It is, and people wonder why we are stuck as midtable also rans. God it's sad to see a great sport like football ruined by money.

Great win for chelsea and fully deserved. I still think its between City and Chelsea for the title though, Arsenal will fall away.

As for the FA cup replays? -_-

Yes City and Chelsea are the favourites but people have been writing Arsenal off all season and they are still 2 pts clear. The Ox scoring two goals sunday is massive for Wenger with the long-term injuries to Ramsey and Walcott.

Check out Arsenal's upcoming fixtures though...

Liverpool (A)

Man Utd (H)

Sunderland (H) - (but following an FA cup game vs Liverpool and a CL game vs Bayern)

Stoke (A)

Swansea (H)

Spurs (A) - following Bayern away leg

Chelsea (A)

Man City (H)

Everton (A)

I'm not writing off Arsenal, but that's a very tough run (obviously excluding the 3 in the middle there that you'd expect them to win (insert cliche about Stoke here)

With the form City and Chelsea are in, they still have a lot to do.

Check out Arsenal's upcoming fixtures though...

Liverpool (A)

Man Utd (H)

Sunderland (H) - (but following an FA cup game vs Liverpool and a CL game vs Bayern)

Stoke (A)

Swansea (H)

Spurs (A) - following Bayern away leg

Chelsea (A)

Man City (H)

Everton (A)

I'm not writing off Arsenal, but that's a very tough run (obviously excluding the 3 in the middle there that you'd expect them to win (insert cliche about Stoke here)

With the form City and Chelsea are in, they still have a lot to do.

Yes but if they come out of those games close to the top they will win it,. Liverpool is a tough one to call. We should have won there! They should beat united and Spurs. Maybe get a point each  against Chelsea, city and everton. They need a full squad. Ramsey, Flamini and Wilshere back.

Â