Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Kwan

Didn't Carroll play against us at VP last season

I recall him being pretty shite from what i remember

By the same token you could say didnt he play against us at St. James' Park a couple of years ago, score a hat-trick and totally destroyed us?

I would much rather he didn't play. By large and far the biggest threat this West Ham side has and we'll be at an advantage if he doesnt play im sure of that!

Vlaar had him in his back pocket all game, just glad he isn't playing tomorrow as he would of tormented Clark and Baker all day. I'm also buzzing from the Baggies result, despite what happened against Everton, think I'll still need a few beers before the match.

Very happy that Wet Spam's appeal has been rejected. It would be a bit unfair on Villa with all the uncertainty as we'd have to completely change our game plan if Carroll had ended up playing last minute. I just hope we set up to go at them and attack and pull off a convincing win. We must build on the West Brom win and start to sort our home form out. Come on lads, please grab the 3 points here!

I'll honestly be baffled if we can't beat this lot, we need to go all out from the offset like we did against Liverpool.

Just noticed this on the BBC Sport Match Preview as a "Match Fact":

Villa are looking to avoid successive league defeats. They are yet to earn back-to-back wins this season.

Pretty sure we beat Norwich and Man City on the bounce?

Edit:

Yep, we beat Norwich and Man City on the bounce.

Edited by samjp26

I'll honestly be baffled if we can't beat this lot, we need to go all out from the offset like we did against Liverpool.

Villa are looking to avoid successive league defeats. They are yet to earn back-to-back wins this season.

Edit:

Hope your right but seeing as they held Chelsea to a 0-0 surely won't be that baffling if we face similar problems.

Edit:

Hope your right but seeing as they held Chelsea to a 0-0 surely won't be that baffling if we face similar problems.

This has to be three points if like some people say we have truly progressed since last season

Considering we played a much stronger West Ham side then with Carroll, Cole Diame and Demel playing and won

Edited by AshVilla

Spammers will park the bus and will might struggle to break them down. The key will be width and encouraging crosses into the box. Still think we have enough to beat West Ham but will need to start well and hopefully the crowd will be behind the lads.

Going for a narrow win or at worse a scoreless draw.

Spammers will park the bus and will might struggle to break them down. The key will be width and encouraging crosses into the box. Still think we have enough to beat West Ham but will need to start well and hopefully the crowd will be behind the lads.

Going for a narrow win or at worse a scoreless draw.

Gabby and Benteke should really be causing them nightmares to be honest.

I'm going to this game, which means we will not lose.

Yeah well I'm going to this game and I haven't seen us win (Bradford doesn't count as we lost the tie) since November 2012.

In fact, I haven't seen us score a league since that game.

0-0 Stoke December 2012

0-1 Liverpool August 2013

0-2 Everton October 2013

0-3 Man United December 2013

We'll likely lose 4-0 if that trend continues.