Phillip Seymour Hoffman

maqroll

Sad news about Philip Seymour Hoffman. Not only was he in The Big Lebowski, but he also played Lester Bangs and Truman Capote. A great actor. RIP. My mate put it best, when he said, "Great talent vs demons. Sometimes, well mostly, the demons win."

• Like 1

I just can't understand why after so many years clean you would go back to heroin, I mean did something happen that drove him to it of did he just think "yeah I recon I might shoot up today"

I could understand if it was a month or two off the stuff but wasn't he clean for something like 20 years or something?

I just can't imagine how it would feel carrying that burden around with you for that amount of time.

You know that you are getting old when someone famous that you have never heard of dies, and it is the lead story on BBC News.

Another waste.

I'm not sure it's an age thing, but more a film one. If you are into your (decent) films, you will have heard of/seen PSH.

Nothing to do with age. He was 46 and has been around for a good while. Plus he is, in my opinion, one of the more famous actors in hollywood.

If you haven't heard of him I don't think it's an age thing.

Edited by Stevo985

definitely not an age thing, if it was a pop star aimed at teenagers then fair enough, If someone out of 1 direction other than that Harry dude was to die I wouldn't have a clue who they were either but when it is an actor who has been in the game for about 20 years then even if you are 60 years old now there is still a good chance that you will have seen a film with him in it.

You know that you are getting old when someone famous that you have never heard of dies, and it is the lead story on BBC News.

Another waste.

I'm not sure it's an age thing, but more a film one. If you are into your (decent) films, you will have heard of/seen PSH.

Having seen pictures, I am pretty sure that I have seen him in some things, although I couldn't say which.

As for what constitutes '(decent) films', I guess that is all down to personal taste.

Â