• Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Very Good

Just to make a few points -

• Everton have been building for years and so have we ..just that we have had different managers. In my view Everton have bought better value than us or have better coaches to get the best out of them, not sure which. They do seem to encourage dominating the ball more than we do
  • Everton are a better team, but we was 0-1 up with 17 minutes to go, we are not as good defensively as some suggest, we have difficulty closing a game down and we defend too deep, when we are defending this creates a bit of a lottery and the best of defenders can concede.... we don't track runners enough to be good defensively, tend to ball watch.... we also concede too many free kicks due at times to untidy defending.
  • We have shown great spirit of late in coming back, that is a encouraging trait, but then conversely throw away an advantage almost nonchalantly.
  • In general watching Villa, I do tend to think they make hard work for themselves at times, they play more with their heart than their head.

we really are like the curates egg, good in parts, but very inconsistent in lots of aspects of our game.

Just remembered we started with a 3-4-1-2 formation, I don't know why Lambert didn't just stick to the formation that should of got us 3 points 7 days earlier at Anfield against Liverpool. Should of started with a 4-1-2-1-1-1 formation, with the diamond implemented, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, Sylla, Westwood, KEA, Delph, Weimann and Benteke. 

Reminded me of McLeish's tactics of sit back and park the bus hoping for a draw, really proves how inept PL actually is regarding tactics and even selections at times, #Holt.

He should of thought after the first-half how can I change the game to stop us 'camping in our own half' and stop Everton running riot and slowly taking control, as they eventually did. 

Edited by Avflife

My Everton supporting workmate said when he saw Saturday's Villa team he was pretty relieved, especially when he saw how we lined up. He couldn't understand why we didn't even attempt to play like we did at Liverpool and at times against WBA.

He picked out Delph and Bacuna as our standouts

Â