2014 - a big year.

Dodgyknees

My answers (and I hope I am proved wrong in most cases):

Lerner - will he stay or go? - Stay. He will not get the offer he would want to sell. 

Lerner - if he stays, will the manager be backed to bring in higher quality players? - No. 

Lambert - will he stay or go? - He will stay. 

Lambert - If he isn't backed I can see him leaving. - Only if a bigger club come in for him or one with some more ambition I suspect. 

Lambert - If he is backed, will this be from Lerner backing him, or from a takeover. - From a takeover. But they might want to bring a new manager in.

Benteke - will he stay or will he go? - Go. 

Benteke - if he goes, will this money go towards team building? We never replaced Young and Downing, Petrov or even Barry, so will this money be used to find the players to take us forward? - I would guess 50% of it at best. 

Benteke - If he stays, does this mean another season of bargain hunting and struggle? If he stays we will be better off than if he does not on the field if not on the balance sheet. 

• Like 1

Lerner - will he stay or go? - depends whether global markets force him to sell or not. 

Lerner - if he stays, will the manager be backed to bring in higher quality players? - No - his business will be directly effected by the Fed's tapering and he's already losing money hand over fist. 

Lambert - will he stay or go? - Stay. He hasn't impressed anyone else enough to be given a better job.

Benteke - will he stay or will he go? - Go. He won't stay - not a chance in hell (unless he gets injured).

Benteke - if he goes, will this money go towards team building? Less than half.

Frankly cannot see it being a "big year" in any way shape or form:

1. Lerner will stay

2. Lambert will stay

3. Benteke will go

4. We will continue in same vein - "survival" is the name of the game

5. We will spend the bare minimum - see 4.

Until another super rich mug comes along, AVFC will continue to be in the doldrums, making up the numbers in the 2nd half of the PL.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Frankly cannot see it being a "big year" in any way shape or form:

1. Lerner will stay

2. Lambert will stay

3. Benteke will go

4. We will continue in same vein - "survival" is the name of the game

5. We will spend the bare minimum - see 4.

Until another super rich mug comes along, AVFC will continue to be in the doldrums, making up the numbers in the 2nd half of the PL.

Exactly how i see the year panning out

Cut the wages, keep us in the league and Lerner will invest heavily in the team but unlike before will not buy mercenaries

OR

Cut the wages, keep us in the league and Lerner will be able to sell the club with a positive balance sheet to a new owner who will take Villa to another level

The first one is wishful thinking - nothing to suggest it'll be like that. 

Second one doesn't make sense - new owners come with a manager of their choice 90+% of the time and Lambert is no fool to buy into that.

Cut the wages, keep us in the league and Lerner will invest heavily in the team but unlike before will not buy mercenaries

OR

Cut the wages, keep us in the league and Lerner will be able to sell the club with a positive balance sheet to a new owner who will take Villa to another level

The first one is wishful thinking - nothing to suggest it'll be like that. 

Second one doesn't make sense - new owners come with a manager of their choice 90+% of the time and Lambert is no fool to buy into that.

Problem with that is, it's not either/or. He could well be going for option 2, but that doesnt' mean a new owner will take us to another level. Or at least that new level could be League One if they are completely incompetent.

Â