Points tally from February's fixtures

Avflife

I know our own treatment room is on overtime but we have also been given some timely boosts by the other teams luck...

West Ham are without a decent center-back and now without their main focal point in attack (however, I nothing of Borellio, but any time I have seen Nocerino he impresses me with his energy) I'd hope for a win here

Cardiff are in turmoil, I think OGS is out of his depth and are almost certs for the drop in my eyes. I think this game suits us perfectly and I think we are looking at back to back wins. 

Newcastle have lost Cabaye and Tiote is out for a few weeks which should include missing this game. Although, I have a nagging feeling Luuk De Jong will do a Cisse and score widly for half a season before disappearing into the black hole that currently contains Alfonso Alves and Amir Zaki. I think we will get beaten.

So i would be delighted with 6 points but given the way this season has gone so far we will probably win one, draw one and lose one in no particular order and we will all be left uttering the familiar phrase we do every thursday/friday...."this weekend's game is massive"

Need a win tomorrow or we're under serious pressure to beat Cardiff and Newcastle. Beat West Ham and don't lose to Cardiff and I think we might get something from Newcastle, can see them slipping away and maybe going on a bit of a bad run. I'm gonna say 5 though

Well i'm delighted the FA rejected Carrolls appeal so he won't be playing but... I also fear for us with Vlaar out which he surely will be. Also looks touch and go regarding Gabby so i think it may well be one scary 90 minutes... Just hope we can somehow scrape a win but i fear another loss as we are almost guaranteed to concede 2 with Vlaar out and i really can't see us scoring 3 or even 2 against that West Ham defence.

As for Cardiff i think we have a chance down there and i'm actually glad they won their last home game as it makes it a little less likely they'll get one against us if law of averages is anything to go by.

Newcastle has hard fought draw written all over it for me 

So i'm going for 4 points from next 3

West Ham Lose 1-2

Cardiff Win 3-2

Newcastle Draw 2-2

Lets hope the next two come true  :mellow:

Everton - Loss

West Ham - Draw

Cardiff - Draw

Newcastle - Draw

Im not being blinded by our last two performances, we still couldn't defend properly. West Ham will come for a draw and we wont be able to break them down, Everton should win on paper but they have a lot of injuries. Might be able to nick something at Cardiff.

Being realistic based on our performances this season that is about what I expect.

Well I was right but we couldn't even keep out a team who come for a 0-0. Id like to change the Newcastle game to a loss.

I think we'll beat West ham (cue overly optimistic predictions of Europa League, Lambert is the best ever, Delph for England captain), lose to Cardiff (cue end of the world meltdown we're going to get relegated Lambert out Grant Holt is fat), draw to Newcastle (cue quiet resignation that we're still on course for midtable and everyone on VT is mental)

Damn

• Like 1

I think we'll beat West ham (cue overly optimistic predictions of Europa League, Lambert is the best ever, Delph for England captain), lose to Cardiff (cue end of the world meltdown we're going to get relegated Lambert out Grant Holt is fat), draw to Newcastle (cue quiet resignation that we're still on course for midtable and everyone on VT is mental)

Damn

Opposite way could still work

So, at best we will have got 4 points from this run...at worst, we'll get 1...

If we go down this year, failing to getting more points from the last 2 games will be a major factor. Right now, we should be looking at needing 7 points from 12 games, not 12 points from 12 games.

Damn

Opposite way could still work

Damn Damn

The teams at the bottom, for me, are not as bad as we've seen in previous years. This lot are all capable of scraping points out of nowhere. Take Stoke and Fulham for example, both took points off Man United whereas we'll just donate the annual three points to the mancs.

It's already been said that we've only taken 9 points from the last 12 games. Despite having a relatively easy looking run in, I still think we're going to be in the thick of the battle. I thought we'd be OK but the last three games have changed my mind.

If we lose against Newcastle and then fail to take more than 4 points from the next 5 games, which is very possible, that's going to leave us needing approximately 8 points from the last 6 games, or, if you assume we lose at Spurs on the last day, 8 points from the penultimate 15. That's to reach 40 points of course, which may not be needed anyway. But, if that is the magic figure this year, it might prove to be too much.

I personally hope that Vlaar can stay fit enough to play. Without him we're going to need to score at least 1, maybe 2,in each game just to have a chance.

Edited by villarocker

• 2 weeks later...

Everton - Loss

West Ham - Draw

Cardiff - Draw

Newcastle - Draw

Im not being blinded by our last two performances, we still couldn't defend properly. West Ham will come for a draw and we wont be able to break them down, Everton should win on paper but they have a lot of injuries. Might be able to nick something at Cardiff.

Being realistic based on our performances this season that is about what I expect.

Well I was right but we couldn't even keep out a team who come for a 0-0. Id like to change the Newcastle game to a loss.

I think I was closest, what do I win?

Performances over the season show where your going and it was pretty clear we were going the wrong way.

Â