Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Are wedding ring hands strangely aligned with sides of the road somewhere drives on?

Based only on the data provided by the avove map: No, not at all, really. 

Rings are inherently dangerous,  my daughter lost her total ring finger on fence (The whole thing 100% gone) .  It seems logical to wear one on the least dominant hand so if anything happens its not a total disaster.  (She was a hairdresser at the time you see)

It's the same with the driving,  I have lived in the UK and Europe.  Driving on the left (UK) is a lot safer,  easier and the dominant arm (For the majority of people) is always on the steering wheel.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2021 at 17:14, fruitvilla said:

I suspect most of northern Europe wears wedding bands on the right hand

cultural-differences-map.png

I like how Australia, all of Africa and most of Asia is just blank... like no one knows. Maybe Australian’s get married, we don’t know, and frankly we don’t want to know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I like how Australia, all of Africa and most of Asia is just blank... like no one knows. Maybe Australian’s get married, we don’t know, and frankly we don’t want to know.

That's because in Australia it's 'down under'. 

On 07/09/2021 at 10:07, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Rings are inherently dangerous,  my daughter lost her total ring finger on fence (The whole thing 100% gone) .  It seems logical to wear one on the least dominant hand so if anything happens its not a total disaster.  (She was a hairdresser at the time you see)

It's the same with the driving,  I have lived in the UK and Europe.  Driving on the left (UK) is a lot safer,  easier and the dominant arm (For the majority of people) is always on the steering wheel.  

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.

It happened to my nan too. She got up to go to the loo in the middle of the night, got her wedding band caught on the door handle, then fell onto the floor, making a real mess of the finger. My grandad snored through it so she was like that all night. Of course it had to be amputated as well.

When talking to doctors about it, they said that most times they saw the same injury it was from goalkeepers playing amateur football. I guess people leap up hang the net over the little spike thing and get the bands caught on that.

Anyway, I decided that when I retire the band comes off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I had my first date with a cis girl since I came out last night :D All the pictures from the actual date have her in them and I dont want to be putting stuff up on the internet when I've only met her on a couple of occasions but I loved my outfit so y'all get a pre date shot of me looking very nervous

Hope it all went well :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I had my first date with a cis girl since I came out last night :D All the pictures from the actual date have her in them and I dont want to be putting stuff up on the internet when I've only met her on a couple of occasions but I loved my outfit so y'all get a pre date shot of me looking very nervous

Screenshot_20210930-090657_Chrome-min.jpg

Looking like Hermoine!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BOF said:

Hope it all went well :thumb:

It went fantastically....started off rocky, her family are Leeds supporters (Kewell and Viduka have a lot to answer for spreading their influence out here) 😅

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Keep well away. I’ve heard female Leeds fans have hairy armpits and smell like the shit house door on an old fishing trawler, especially certain parts of the body .

She herself is pretty ambivalent, I think I can bring her into the fold 😂

• Like 1

Â