Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

On 12/10/2020 at 11:00, rjw63 said:

Still unbelievable none of the officials managed to see that.

Referee bias? Course not mate...

Off topic but I think it's victim of the ridiculous rule (well not a rule, an opinion I guess) that if someone gets a shot off then they've had the advantage.

Which obviously ignores the fact that having a shot with someone pulling your shorts down probably means it won't be as good as a shot you'd have had under normal circumstances.

I've been the victim of this in sunday league football a couple of times, players fouling you as you shoot and the ref saying "You got the shot away"

It's obviously nonsense, but my guess is that was the reasoning

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been the victim of this in sunday league football a couple of times, players fouling you as you shoot and the ref saying "You got the shot away"

It's obviously nonsense, but my guess is that was the reasoning

I agree Stevo, the result is most players do a theatrical dive to show that they were impeded. They should be allowed to attempt the shot AND also have the play pulled back if it missed. That would stop the diving and the fouling quite quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2020 at 08:32, Stevo985 said:

I've been the victim of this in sunday league football a couple of times, players fouling you as you shoot

Yeah, but was it your own players 'cos you were meant to be back in the sticks though? :detect:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Yeah, but was it your own players 'cos you were meant to be back in the sticks though? :detect:

Given I have genuinely come up for a corner in the last minute against the league leaders and scored a header I think it gives me every right :)

(Still the best moment of my life to be honest)

• Like 2

On 23/10/2020 at 18:57, Genie said:

Not really, they still lost 10-1

:crylaugh:

We actually drew 3-3

I posted about it at the time. I've just re-read it and basked in the glory of it all :) 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"...and then Jack Grealish slipped the ball through to Ollie Watkins, who smashed it into the net for his hat-trick. And they all lived happily ever after". 

IMG-20201215-WA0000.jpg

And after stealing all the gold from his friends the evil giant Blake was banished to the land of darkness for all eternity. It is said the inhabitants of this strange land did not have equal numbers of toes and fingers and had mothers who were also their sisters and the whole land was held under an evil gypsy curse for one hundred years and more

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â